Seen in Connecticut

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Seen in Connecticut

Postby 82Lebaronconv » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:47 am

This afternoon, I was heading south on the Berlin Turnpike (CT Rt 15) in Newington, Connecticut and in the opposite lane heading north towards the city of Hartford was a rare first generation Dodge Aries 4 door sedan! Red in color, and somewhat faded, the car still looked pretty straight. I didn't see any significant rust or body damage. This is the first early K-bodied Aries I've seen on the road in quite some time, maybe years. So there are still a few out there. Also saw a grey 84-85 Lebaron ragtop and a really trashed white 85-89 Reliant sedan near my home. But I've seen these cars around. Been trying to track down the owner of the Lebaron as the car is evidently being well cared for. I don't think the Reliant is going to be around much longer. It looks like it just lost a demolition derby!

Earlier this week, I was on I-91 South in Hartford and was passed by an early GM J Body, a white Pontiac J2000 Coupe. So it was a really early J body, no later than 1984. In 1985, GM started calling this model the Sunbird and changed all the badging. Don't think this one will survive much longer. It was dirty and pretty beat up and was being driven by two rough looking characters who looked like they just busted out of the state pen. Too bad. This is a rare car now.
82Lebaronconv
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.