Saw two nonclub K-cars this weekend.

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Saw two nonclub K-cars this weekend.

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Saturday night, as I was heading north on I-405, I saw a boxy rearend way ahead. I thought for sure it was a Chevy. When I got closer, it was an Aries Sedan! 8)

Sunday, while having lunch at Claim Jumper, a blue post 85 Aries Wagon blue by with some side dents. 8)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Saw two nonclub K-cars this weekend.

Postby nszotovich » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Yesterday I saw three K-cars: A beautifully maintained 86 Le Baron convertible in Desert Hot Springs
An 84 Town and Country convertible 2.6 For sane in Palm Springs.
An 84 New Yorker also in P.S.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Re: Saw two nonclub K-cars this weekend.

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:22 am

For me, the rarest this year was finding two different 82-83 Aries Sedans. One was dead in a driveway in Orange County. The other actually appeared in front of me driving in Pasadena. Needless to say, I was extremely surprised. Even saw 3 84 Aries/Reliants for ENTIRE year. They are now becoming extinct. 8) In our club locally in Los Angeles, the rarest cars are an 82 LeBaron 2dr Sedan 2.6 with Mark Cross interior and 81 Reliant 2.6 Sedan. Both cars run on original motors and cars like them now virtually NEVER appear for sale on Los Angeles craigslist anymore. They do occasionally in Arizona and back east, but not in car killing California. I also found an 83 LeBaron sedan that has not been sold yet in Riverside area and lost track of the 83 New Yorker I found. And yes, any K-car hater that tells you these cars are not in short supply and are not as rare as Studebakers are dead wrong. The disposable attitude has already brought the non-convertable early 80s models to near extinction.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.