Found some EXTREMELY rare cars yesterday.

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Found some EXTREMELY rare cars yesterday.

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:56 am

Well, I took a 5 mile walk and ended up walking through neighborhoods and finding some RARE stuff. You find more cars walking then driving.

1. 1980 Chevy Citation X11 2dr Notchback Sedan appeared in a parking lot. Faded beyond believe with X-11 decal coming off. Car was completely a beater, but alive and still kicking 30 years later. All bumper filling was gone.

2. Saw my FIRST 1975 Oldsmobile Cutlass 4dr Sedan driving (similar to 70s Buick Century 4dr or Malibu 4dr). Immaculate
cali-plated car.

3. Saw a 1978 Buick LeSabre Sedan pass by with faded paint.

4. Saw a beat-to-a-pulp 1984 Chrysler Laser drive by with the hatch up and wooden 2 by 4s sticking out.

5. Ran into a street with rare 70s import cars including a silver 70s Suburu wagon I though was a Honda.

6.Ran into Thunderbird block. A man had 4 60s Thunderbird sedans all over his driveway.

7. Stepped into Cougarland. A street littered with 6 1968-1972 Mercury Cougar CONVERTIBLES AND COUPES!!!
Only one had current plates. Another was an Oregon plated car that had expired in 1996. All cars were parked in a row
on the street and facing one direction that I was caught offguard and thought for a monent I was in the 70s. There is also
ONE house near my office with 3 1980s cars, all alive, and a street with 2 70s Ford LTDS.....

Yeah,yeah, I know what your thinking. None of these are rare. But they are. These are the last hideouts where carnuts
have defied city attempts and actually horded all these old cars. There is even a 76 Dodge Aspen that I see driving around where the old lady drove on the wrong side of the road.

Didn't see any K-cars, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Did run into two Omnis on the road this last week.

Hhm, rarer, and rarer, and rarer, yet still sporadic finds. Just, not easy .Should have taken pics to make this thread
more exciting.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.