Gower Street, Hollywood, Ca. GO THERE ASAP!!!

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Gower Street, Hollywood, Ca. GO THERE ASAP!!!

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:56 am

This short street runs from US-101 Freeway and dead ends into Melrose Ave. It is a North-bound street. It is the street that time forgot. It is very well worn and looks like a couple city blocks from the 1950s that just aged like a fine wine. Here is why you MUST go there, because I saw something so cool here today it would make you emotional:

Parked:
1976 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan completely trashed with duck tape all over it. Dark Green. Still runs
and renewed.
1973 Plymouth Satellite 4dr Sedan in good shape.
1989 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan
1968 Chevy Nova Coupe
1984-1987 Buick Century Sedan (Green)

Each side street had at least 1-3 70s-80s cars like forks from Gower. I could not look too long or I would crash! 8)

Near Melrose and Gower, a huge used car lot with 20-30 1940s-1970s cars. All look like project vehicles and barely running
cars that were rescued from the neighborhood as the passage of time and government ate up all the cars.

Another smaller used car lot at Melrose and Gower which appeared to have a 72 Chrysler Newport Sedan and a few others.

At Melrose and Larchmont, ran into an original Green 1976-1977 Plymouth Volare Sedan with vinyl roof. 3rd Volare find
this month alone! 8) 8) 8)

As for cars driving around in my short stint down Gower:
1964 Cadillac 2dr Coupe (VERY WORN)
1959 Cadillac Convertible (restored)
a few others.

This whole experience makes me want to spend part of a Saturday in Hollywood just car hunting. Way more stuff left here then where I live. I know there are some Ks down here. 8) 8)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.