Saw 3 K's in one day, plus a very sad sight

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Saw 3 K's in one day, plus a very sad sight

Postby 82Lebaronconv » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:53 am

This past Thursday, I was attending a funeral in Meriden, CT. I was in the parking lot of St. Stanislaus Roman Catholic Church and was surprised to see a silver four door 1985-1989 Dodge Aries parked there. It appeared to be in fairly good shape, though well used. After the service, I was driving home towards Wethersfield and an Ice Blue four door Reliant, also a later 1985-89 model, passed me going in the opposite direction. But it went by so quickly that I didn't have time to get a good look. A short time later, I was on I-91 in the Hartford area and I passed another later model, Ice Blue Reliant K, but this one was a rare two door sedan. This car was really beat up. The passenger side front fender had some major collision damage and there was a lot of rust in the rear quarters. But it was still on the job. The owner looked like a homeless person, with long hair, a long scraggly beard, and dirty clothes. He gave me a funny look when he noticed me looking at his car. I'll bet that he doesn't see it as a collectable!

A short time later, I passed a large flatbed truck loaded with crushed cars. Sadly, most of them appeared to be of 1980's vintage. I could clearly make out the front end of an early 1980's Buick Regal. I've always really liked those, with that sloped nose. My mom had an Olds Cutlass Supreme of that vintage (1985) for many years. I could also make out the back end of what looked like a 1980's Chevy Caprice. Other cars I could no longer recognize, but I did see many chrome bumpers in the pile, so these cars were definitely vintage before they were crushed. What a waste. Sad to think that these classics are still being scrapped. Makes one realize how important it is to save the few that are left.
82Lebaronconv
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Re: Saw 3 K's in one day, plus a very sad sight

Postby nszotovich » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:26 am

AMEN!
Its a good thing there are car crazies like us out there to hang on to the last remaining examples. 8)
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.