Recent K Car Spottings in CT

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Recent K Car Spottings in CT

Postby 82Lebaronconv » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:46 am

This evening, I was driving down West Street in Rocky Hill, CT on my way to pick up my daughter at the town library and a really nice second gen Dodge Aries wagon passed me by. It was light blue in color and looked really clean.

Last week, I was driving on I-91 South in Hartford and in the opposite lane, I spotted a dark brown Dodge 600 sedan, again, in very nice shape. It's been a long time since I've seen one of these.

I still see quite a few late 80's - early 90's Chrysler minivans from before the 1996 areo restyle (which I don't like). In fact, I saw a white one this evening being unloaded from a flatbed truck in front of a local auto repair shop. Wonder if it is going to be fixed or scrapped. Conditionwise, it didn't look too bad.

But the rarest spotting of all was last Friday. I was walking down Sigourney Street in Hartford towards my office and was amazed to see a green 1973 Buick Century coupe drive by. It was rusty and beat to a pulp, but just think of it - a car now nearly forty years old still in daily use! My dad bought one of these new back in the 1970's (it was a '74) and I have fond memories of driving that car durng my college years (on the few occasions that I was allowed to) Most of the time I had to use Dad's second car - a 1966 Buick Skylark that was pretty beat up. Once, my dad let me take the '74 on a date and the girl was really impressed with it. Made me feel like a big shot. That was a long time ago!
82Lebaronconv
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Re: Recent K Car Spottings in CT

Postby 82Lebaronconv » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:05 am

Two more 80's sightings today. This morning, I saw a amazing sight at my office - a totally mint maroon Ford Fairmont two door sedan with CT Antique plates driving in to the Executive parking area! If you are an executive at my company, you are making a high six figure income and you don't drive anything American, let alone a 1980's Ford Fairmont. Wonder how the other execs like seeing that thing parked next to their precious Lexuses and BMWs!

Later, at the town library, I saw a really beat and rusted Chevy Celebrity sedan, I think it was about a 1986 model. The rear bumper was so rusted that there was almost nothing left but a few shreds of chrome plating. But it was still on the job. First Celebrity that I've seen in awhile, not that I'm a big fan of them. But the 1986 Celebrity was the last Chevrolet to be the best selling car in America.
82Lebaronconv
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.