I had a dream

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

I had a dream

Postby JonJulnes » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Last night I couldn't sleep. Not all that uncommon, however, this night had a purpose.

I kept dreaming about my 1982 (or maybe it was an 84) black K Car that I purchased used in the mid 80's.

I loved that car so much that when I decided I needed more room for all my crap, I bought a Chrysler mini van because someone told me it was built on the same frame.

Of course, back then, young and broke, I sold that car to help with the down on the mini van.

That Reliant K was the best car I've ever owned, my favorite car I've ever owned, and that includes the 2006 Prius I drive today.

I don't recall ever doing anything to it other than tires, a tune up and oil changes, and it ran like a top.

I put an ad in the paper, priced it out (I seem to recall I asked about $2,000.00 for it at the time), sent it to the detail shop to make sure it was all pretty and polished...had the ad in the paper for all of 20 minutes (this was back in the day when people still read newspapers), a woman called me up and asked "is it still available?", I said "Yes it is...but it's at the detail shop getting a beauty treatment....you'll have to go there to see it" and so she did.

Two hours later I got a call from the detail shop "Hey Jon...some woman stopped by to look at your car and left a check for $2,000.00 with your name on it...here's her phone number"...so I called her up and said "Hon...you just left me a check for $2,000.00...and you don't even have a signed title...I could take your check AND the car...and you'd be S.O.L.!!!!"

She said "It's soooooo beautiful, it looks brand new (it did) and I just didn't want anyone else to get it" and she then proceeded to tell me she was a single Mom, raising two kids, needed reliable transportation and so on whereupon I began telling her how incredibly reliable the vehicle was for me but "you can't have the vehicle for another 2 days, as it's going in the shop for new tires and a complete tune up before I release it".

She just about fell off whatever she was sitting on (and yes, she started crying).

When I delivered the vehicle to her about 3 days later she gave me a huuuuuuuuuuge kiss (on the cheek unfortunately), I handed her the title and all related docs and as she was about to drive off (this girl was beaming) I yelled out at her "HEY!!!! I forgot to tell you...I stuck a bunch of air and oil filters in the trunk...I always had my warehouse guys change them every 3,000 miles...you should have enough in there for the next 2 years".

That was the last time I ever saw my little K car.

Well....it's 20 or so years later and I want my K car back.

It was black, it had a bench seat in the front, it was perfect in every way...and I want it back.

I miss my K car.

Someone sell me a perfect, black, 82 - 84 Reliant K please.
JonJulnes

Re: I had a dream

Postby KCARFANSINCE1981 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:00 pm

Sounded pretty rare.I dont think black was even in the top 5 of K car colors.I have seen a few LeBarons and Dodge 400s/600s in black,but never a Reliant or Aries.
KCARFANSINCE1981

Car Information: 81aries 85aries past family cars

Postby 88 aries » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:36 am

We had a Black 86 Reliant SE, with red interior. Also i saw an 85 Reliant with a black exterior about 5 years ago
88 aries

Postby Arkday Otuslay » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:31 am

That's tragic.
Arkday Otuslay

Car Information: Dodge, Aries, 1987. Blue LE 2.5 Liter Automatic

Return to Suggestions and Comments