Support, Negative Comments and Racist Remarks

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Support, Negative Comments and Racist Remarks

Postby DA90027 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:39 pm

First of all, I see from time to time on here many negative comments related to other's cars. If this is a club we should be in support of other's and bringing new members in with posts like those won't do it.

I recently saw a thread with racist remarks about "Japs". Did anyone stop to think maybe there are Japanese potential members out there with K Cars who wouldn't join based on these kinds of remarks?

World War 2 was over 65 years ago and 99% of the people associated with it first hand are dead. So I'd get over it if I were you. The world is too small now for disparaging comments about other races.

My two cents.
DA90027

Car Information: 1985 Custom Dodge 600 Conv Fiberglass Kit Body

Re: Support, Negative Comments and Racist Remarks

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:35 pm

Derek is right. Sorry Derek about the negatives. We'll keep working on it. The member who will remain nameless who made the racist comments no longer frequents this board. He left on his own accord. I always give people the benefit of the doubt and try to be as fair as possible. We do have a lot of good people in this club. 8)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby djvant » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:15 pm

I for one will leave the board if racist remarks are tolerated. The silent majority will vote with their feet.
djvant

Car Information: 1988 Aries Wagon,1986 lebaron Convertable,Etc.

Postby dodgeariesguy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:30 pm

I personally missed this racial comment, if someone directs me to it I'll deal with the person who made it,

**ANY FURTHER RACIST REMARKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BANNING**

That shouldn't even need to be said if were all mature enough to handle ourselves in a public forum.
If a club member does something to directly attack another member, the attacked member is asked to PM a mod so the situation can be dealt with.
This topic should be made a sticky so that it doesn't need to be said again as I have once or twice previously brought this topic up.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby area310dude » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:12 pm

88 aries wrote:im going to make a wise crack joke: why not take it to the mexicans and let them smog it :lol: then it would pass

I didn't understand the above recent comment. It seemed stupid on many levels.

1) It wasn't funny. Am I missing the so-called "joke?" I am not politically correct or anything, I just don't get it.

2) It wasn't helpful at all. Some folks have legitimate problems that need a real solution.

3) It was vaguely hostile, even though we obviously have hispanic members here.

Does the K in K-car stand for K-K-K instead? It might help if people hesitated a few minutes before hitting the submit button on their computer.
area310dude

Postby Webmaster » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Gentlemen,

The mods and myself will take this topic seriously and take this offline to discuss consequences. Any suggestions can be directed to me at admin@chryslerkcar.com.
Webmaster
Site Admin

Car Information: Top Secret

Return to Suggestions and Comments