Interchange of body parts?

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Interchange of body parts?

Postby jed1977 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:27 am

Hey all, Just finished a deal on a 1981 Plymouth Reliant 2 door. Its beat up pretty good, and even though I am good at body work, I figure what the heck! If I can find dent free fenders and a trunk lid, it would make my life so much easier! My question is, will K car panels interchange? Fenders and trunk lid? The rest are perfect being the car has only 28,000 miles on it, but the oldlady owner hit the garage in and out evertime she pulled in or out of her garage! Thanks Jay
jed1977

Car Information: 1981 Reliant K Base Coupe

Re: Interchange of body parts?

Postby capev86 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:44 am

2 doors are a little different in terms of rear sheet metal. the 4 door and wagon share doors, rocker panels, floorboards, etc. only other consideration is the "face lift" these cars got in 1985 ....sheetmetal was new ahead of the firewall and all sedans got a sportier tail with wrap around lamps (wagon rear didn't change).
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Re: Interchange of body parts?

Postby MyDodgeDip » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:00 pm

where are you located? Car-Part.com is incredibly helpful for locating hard to find parts.
MyDodgeDip

Return to Suggestions and Comments