I figured I'd introduce myself

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

I figured I'd introduce myself

Postby Spats » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:05 am

Hello,

I'm Mike (and use the alias Spats online). And here's my little story:

When I was 2, my grandfather bought a 1984 Dodge 600 brand new. I had always loved that car. I remember even when I was only 2, he'd let me sit in his lap and steer it into the garage. We went on a lot of trips in that car. I would always sit in the front in the middle.
The one thing I always loved about it was the front grille and bumper on it. How it looked. And the fake louvers on the side. It was a dark blue inside and out. Now, come 1994, my grandfather actually gave me the car!! I was only 12 at the time. And I did get to drive it twice on a back road near my house. To me, that was the best thing ever. There was just something about it I truly loved.
Now, come 1995, before we sold our other house, we sold that car. You don't realize how badly I was upset over it. That car meant so much to me. After that, it was the last time I had seen the car.

In the past two years, I have been on a search for that car, in hopes I'll someday own one like it again. I've already come across two 600s near me, but they were the convertible versions. I'm truly set on having the 600 Sedan. Though that car seems very hard to find.
Another thing is, after seeing one, an E body Chrysler New Yorker from 1986 or so is so much like the 600. I wouldn't mind having that either.

But so the search begins for a Dodge 600..... :)

I even made a quick video of some 600s using pics I had found on the internet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Oj4R7yV1s

And to note, growing up, my parents had a 1986 Lancer ES Turbo and a 1988 Shelby Daytona. Those were pretty sweet. I was looking at the photo gallery and admiring all the cars on there. And I think this is where my love of not just the 600 comes in, but every K car and its derivative.

Mike
Spats
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler New Yorker 2.5

Re: I figured I'd introduce myself

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:26 pm

Mike,

Welcome to the club! By the way, where are you from? I live in Sylmar, California and drive an 89 Aries Coupe. Yes, the 1983-1984 Dodge 600 4dr Sedan is VERY hard to find now. Convertibles are easy to find because convertibles are the most popular. I have personally only seen 4 84-85 Dodge 600 sedans on the road. The only K cars that are somewhat easy to find are the post85 Aries, Reliant, and LeBaron. Yes, K cars are getting rare and that is why I started this club. Any K car between 1981 and 1985 that is not a convertible is the rarest K car of all to find. They are now getting to be as rare as Studebakers. The next time I see an 84 Dodge 600 sedan for sale, I will let you know. I wish you could come to my K car show this Sunday in Calabasas, California. One day, I hope this club has hundreds of members and shows in every state.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Spats » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:11 am

Hi 89Aries,

I am actually from the Pittsburgh, PA area, so I'm pretty far away...
Well, there was a 1986 Dodge 600 for sale near me sometime last year... but unfortunately, it was after they redesigned the front end on the car and everything. It's just not the same. If I would have had the money and a way to get it home 2 years ago, there was a 600 sedan about 6 hours away from me with the 2.2 turbo I could have bought. oh man...

As for your K-Car show... that would be something I'd totally go to.

I'm hoping this club will grow too :)
Spats
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler New Yorker 2.5

Postby esser_89 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:28 am

89ARIES wrote:Mike,

Welcome to the club! By the way, where are you from? I live in Sylmar, California and drive an 89 Aries Coupe. Yes, the 1983-1984 Dodge 600 4dr Sedan is VERY hard to find now. Convertibles are easy to find because convertibles are the most popular. I have personally only seen 4 84-85 Dodge 600 sedans on the road. The only K cars that are somewhat easy to find are the post85 Aries, Reliant, and LeBaron. Yes, K cars are getting rare and that is why I started this club. Any K car between 1981 and 1985 that is not a convertible is the rarest K car of all to find. They are now getting to be as rare as Studebakers. The next time I see an 84 Dodge 600 sedan for sale, I will let you know. I wish you could come to my K car show this Sunday in Calabasas, California. One day, I hope this club has hundreds of members and shows in every state.

speaking of studebakers..........right now im in the middle of restoeing a 1948 studebaker 2r5 pickup, they were pretty decent vehicals back in the day.....http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2954787 after im done with my truck im thinking about looking for another car thats exactly like mine and putting a 360 magnum in it. i wanna go for a sleeper look, i saw a '92 lebaron at a car show that had that in it. i talked to him for a while and he said his car had around 600hp to the rear wheels. onto another subject. im kinda amazed that i found my lil 600 here in wisconsin of all places. at first i really didnt like it cauz i thought it was ugly but after searching for other convertibles i decided id take a look at it. the owner lived about 3 miles from me and when i looked at it, i was amazed to see how nice the interior was. i took it for a test drive and it reallt handled well so i bought it for $1900. a few months later i had the usual k-car head gasket prob....that set me back $735 but it was worth it. i wish it was a 5 speed though because the 3 speed auto gets in its own way all the time. by the time im finished with it i plan to get it up to around 160-180 hp from the 2.2l tbi engine
1986 dodge 600 convertible. 14" pure wheels,accel 7mm plug wires, bosch ir fusion plugs,K&N drop in filter,Borla pro xs exhaust,Magnaflow Cat.,castrol syntech full synthetic oil,air shocks,aluminum radiator,500watt sub,custom lights,est. 130 hp
esser_89

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600 convertible

Return to Suggestions and Comments