Need for a Google K-Car Club membership map.

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Need for a Google K-Car Club membership map.

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:07 am

Here is a need that we all have. Some car club websites have a google map system with red stars covering every geographical area. Every red star represents where a club member is. This is what I want for our club as most of you have no idea where we are and that in some states there are literally scores of members that you can contact and start and having meets with. Off the top of my head, I know we have at least 25 members in Ontario, Canada and a lot of members in Illinois, Ohio and Wisconsin. We have a few members that have more than one K car. One of them lives in Pennsylvannia and has 7 K-cars. Our new member, Wade Williams of Kansas City, has 26 Woody LeBaron convertibles. I think our club would experience more growth and activity if we improve our network. I want to hear what you all have to say about this map thing. What might be the cheapest and best simple software we could install or hyperlink that would outline where everyone is. For the info, I would just list the person's name, car, and city and state. No street address or phone number necessary. E-mail mandatory. It is also a shame that we have at least 20 members that registered without a name. I have spent a lot of personal time going over our Microsoft Excell registry to see whos who and to patch and paste the missing data. My other hurdle is money. I hear the Google Map system would cost $125 a year. Our first step is to decide how to do this and how much it would cost. I am sure we can get donations I would think.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Need for a Google K-Car Club membership map.

Postby 85TurboAries » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:10 pm

i might be able to make a map like that for free...giv eme some time
1990 Grand Caravan
ASK ME ABOUT:
SMEC/SBEC Testing and Repairs
Adding a ROM port to SMEC/SBEC (for upgrades)
Radio Repairs
any other Electrical repairs needed
85TurboAries

Car Information: 1990 Dodge Grand caravan

Return to Suggestions and Comments