No Reverse Lights

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

No Reverse Lights

Postby njr600 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Just checking to see if anyone has ever had this problem. My Reverse lights have went out on me. I have 84 dodge 600 2.2 Turbo. My lights use to work but now i get nothing. I recently had a shop install a neutral safety switch but i still do not get any reverse lights. I have checked the fuse in the fuse box and its good. Its a 20amp fuse. So i dont know what else to check now. Any Suggestions??
njr600

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 2.2 Turbo

Re: No Reverse Lights

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Somebody had a similar problem with an 88 Aries on the Mopar Turbo Forum - not sure if its the same as 84. Check out this link - maybe it will be of some help.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showt ... ch-problem
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby MyDodgeDip » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Check to see if you are getting power at the reverse lights. If not, the problem is closer to the front, possibly power to the switch. Also check to make sure everything is adjusted correctly. If the reverse lights flash on in spots other than reverse, like just into neutral or just under reverse, it could be mis-aligned.
MyDodgeDip

Postby njr600 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Thanks for the help!! This morning i happen to notice my lights are coming on in reverse but when i'm moving the floor shifter there going on and off. I have to take it somewhere and get it adjusted. Thanks!!!!
njr600

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 2.2 Turbo

Return to Suggestions and Comments