Weekend Repairs

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Weekend Repairs

Postby njr600 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi to all K-Car Members!! Just checking to see who is doing any weekend work to their rides. I have to get a Inner tie rod replaced this weekend. I have some play on my right driver side when i had my tire looked at. Was trying to get an alignment but the mechanic said i needed a inner tie rod. I called the parts store they have the part in stock but they ask me do i need the Trw design or the sagnaw design inner tie rod. Does anyone know which one i would need to buy?? I have a 84 Dodge 600 2.2 Turbo. Just making sure that i get the right part lol. What about everyone else?? Any repair work this weekend?? :)
njr600

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 2.2 Turbo

Re: Weekend Repairs

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:00 pm

I think both design racks (TRW and Saignaw) were used on your car. I think the only way to ID them is to crawl under the car and get the number/ID off the rack or visually compare the rack to the two designs and see which one you have (Castings are different and the line fitting geometry is different). I recently had the rack replaced on my 83 - it was a TRW design and came with inner tie rods. Not sure what the different tie rods look like.

http://www.cardone.com/english/club/pro ... 2-0005.pdf
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby Butch » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:18 am

The racks look diferant from each other. I'd take the rod off so the parts store can match it.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby njr600 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Hello to all!! Thanks for the responses. I found out what rack i had!! I was told it had a saginaw design at the auto zone store but on K_CarWagon chart that he had posted on the forum, it was looking more like the TRW design rack to me. So the inner tie rod i got did not match up. So i took it back and but they did not have my part in stock and it would take one day to get it. Called around but no luck untill i called Napa. They had one in stock and it went for $25 dollars. Could of got it cheaper at car quest for $15 dollars but would of had to wait till Tuesday to get the part but i couldnt because i need my car to get around. So the part matched up from napa and i got it put in over the weekend. Got to replace my outer on both sides, and my inner on the left. They still look pretty good right now but i will probably change them so i know they are good to go. Next project will to be change my struts out. They are worn out. So all went good for the weekend repair!! Thanks for all the help!!!!!
njr600

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 2.2 Turbo

Return to Suggestions and Comments