New to Group

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

New to Group

Postby Pete in NH » Sat May 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post an introduction, the welcome section seemed to direct me here. I just recently acquired my second K car, an 86 Reliant 2 dr. SE, 2.2 L. I say my second because my first was a 1984 Dodge Aries wagon 2.2l which i bought new in February of 1984. I owned the 84 for 19 years and 203 K miles before rust finally took it's toll. The engine and trans. were still going strong, it was perhaps the best car for the dollar I've ever owned. I did most of my own work in it over the 19 years and gathered quite a bit of K car experience along the way, including three timing belt changes and air conditioning work. Compared to newer cars it was always so simple to work on.

With the price of gas these days I thought back to how practical that 84 Aries was and began looking for another K car. I found the 86 Reliant locally with only 87 K on it. The outter body needs some work as the previous owner seemd to park by ear and there are the marks on the nose and front fenders to prove it. Nothing serious just a lot of little dents dings and ripples. Being a northeast car there are a few rust spots on the rear quarters but more importantly the floors and frame rails are very solid and still have their white paint on them. The 86 does need a lot of little things to really bring it back into great shape and I'm enjoying working on as it all seems so familair.

I'm glad to have found a group of fellow K Car enthusiasts and hope to be able to contribute to it.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Re: New to Group

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Mon May 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Welcome to the group. Do you have any photos of your old or new K-car to post.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby nszotovich » Tue May 24, 2011 4:17 am

Welcome! We love to hear of the may lives with K-cars. Glad your first time was so fulfilling' and here is to a long life the second time around. :D
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby Pete in NH » Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Thank you for your welcomes to the group. I'll post a few pictures of the 86 Reliant on the Member's Ride page. i don't have any digital images of the 84 Aries wagon, everything I have is on conventional film from many years ago. It was a really nice looking car, white with woodgrain panels and a tan interior with dark brown trim. It had 14 inch wheels and in many ways was optioned to be very much like a Chrysler Town and Country wagon. i still have athe original window price sticker, the list price was $10,400, which was quite a bit below the Chrysler price. It would get close to 30 MPG if you held between 55 and 60 MPH., above 60 the little 2.2 L would start getting a little excited so i would usually hold it below 60.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Sat May 28, 2011 4:46 am

Welcome Pete!!
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby myoldbluekcar » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Hello all you K-Car Lovers! I love my K-car but have no home for her. Her name is "Old Blue" She only needs a the right caborator and some new make-up! She only has 45k miles and she is sky blue in and out in mint condition. I just bought a conversion van and have no room for her on the street. I have a for sale sign on her and have numerous inquirers but from all over the country. But... I don't want her to be with just anyone! She is a specal girl and deserves a special person in her life. smile. If you think you can fit this high expactation for taking care of "Old Blue" I promise she'll be good to you for a life time! you can email me at howardinfo777@gmail.com for any thoughts on this subject. New to the club. Ms. Howard I must find a home now as I don't want her out in the cold another year.
myoldbluekcar

Car Information: 1985 Dodge Aries K-Car

Postby myoldbluekcar » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Hello, I am selling my 1985 Dodge Aries. She only hase 45 kmiles. Needs paint and a new carb. She is in mint condtion. Everything works and the seats look like new! emial me at howardinfo777@gmail.com
myoldbluekcar

Car Information: 1985 Dodge Aries K-Car

Return to Suggestions and Comments