Definite pattern to Alan quitting. Got some hints. Help.

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Definite pattern to Alan quitting. Got some hints. Help.

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Alan the K still cruises at 75-80 easily, but is unstable at idle and engine is ALWAYS now a little unstable. There are some definite patterns now,
and I am hoping that now maybe my problem can be solved before I either get killed on the freeway or I dump $1000.

a. The check engine light is now on all the time now and either stays on, then stays off, or flickers like a candle constantly.
b. I did just cut out wires between the clamp that connects the wiring harness to the TBI, and had a new clamp spliced in from
a junked wagon at pick-your-part.
c. The computer throws typically the same codes each time it spikes, but sometimes not. They have been as many as 31,32,22,25,37,23.......
d. Everytime car quits, the computer loses its records and just reverts back to storing ONLY 12,55.
e. At one time Butch strung a wire somewhere near the battery and computer. My computer sits right next to the battery in
the front of the engine bay. That solved the same rough symptoms I have now and car ran as smooth as glass, for a week that is.
f.The scanner that was put on the car has picked up as many as 15-20 codes at once.
g.When we were doing the headgasket, a wire was yanked and sparks flew into the air.

I am 100% positive this whole problem is electrical. These rough symptoms took up to 2 years before they became a dangerous intermittent
cutting out problem. Engine ALWAYS restarts after it quits.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Definite pattern to Alan quitting. Got some hints. Help.

Postby 88 aries » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:47 pm

I got an idea for ya..how about you sell this POS, and buy another one with no problems..then I would not have to hear about you going on and on about your problems...
88 aries

Return to Suggestions and Comments