Hello Im a new guy

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Hello Im a new guy

Postby 86-Aries-Mopar » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi i have a 86 dodge Aries K sedan Le edition. I saw on here how some of you are getting 30mpg, i was wondering how you did that? im only getting about 20 to 22 mpg. I will post some pictures as soon as i can.
86-Aries-Mopar

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries K

Re: Hello Im a new guy

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Welcome to the club.

With regard to MPG, makes sure its tuned up and that the throttle body assembly or carb is in good condition and working properly and that the emissions do not indicate that car is running rich. Also, drive like an old lady. Buy real gasoline (as opposed to ethanol blends) if its available where you live. A standard transmission or lock-up torrque convertor also helps.

Which engine do you have? 2.2, 2.2 turbo or 2.5 liter. 20-22 sounds low for open highway driving regardless of which engine is in your car, but if you are doing mostly stop and go in local traffic in the winter time with mostly short distance trips it is not unreasonable.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby thenewportblues » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:55 am

Hello, can't wait to see some pics. I won't speak for everyone but when I say I'm getting 29/30 mpg it is highway not city or combined
thenewportblues

Car Information: none yet

Postby MyDodgeDip » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:17 pm

20-22 is still in the ballpark.
MyDodgeDip

Postby 86-Aries-Mopar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:59 am

I have a 2.2, i drive between 3 towns a day from school to home to work but most of my driving is on a 55 mph highway, maybe im asking too much after all the car is 25 years old. Nonetheless, i love this little car. it's my first car and i only paid $400 for it, i only have about another $400 in it in parts( it sat for awhile so i had to replace the master cylinder, and both of the front CV axles, and all of the nickel and dime tune ups added up) but it is a great car. I will take your advice and be gentle with it. I'm proud to say i drive a K-car. I have the oldest car at my school and it runs just as good as the newer ones. Also, how do i post pictures?
86-Aries-Mopar

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries K

Return to Suggestions and Comments