'86 Dodge 600 2.2 turbo Convertible

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

'86 Dodge 600 2.2 turbo Convertible

Postby deken » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:50 am

Hello all,
Looking for some advice for a noob. I inherited Dad's favorite car - above. Had just gotten it registered and second or third drive in, the drip explained itself by dropping transmission fluid all over the road. Limped home. Probably shouldn't have but likely the damage was already done.

Now I'm stuck in a quandary. Dad left no maintenance fund for the car - the car is it. I can afford to fix it but have no interest (or, really, ability) in doing so myself and don't want to chase it forever. I know that Dad replaced brakes, tuned it religiously, babied it a lot, new rag top, new rear-window glass, new tires. Covered in bad weather since Dad brought it north from North (maybe South?) Carolina where he bought it ~60,000 miles ago. Oil on this 132K car is clean and does not leak. Runs great. No longer shifts worth a hoot.

So, do I fix it? Probably requires replacing the transmission for ??$$ (how much should that cost?)
Is anyone here interested? (car is in Rhode Island - more details forthcoming in response to expressed interest)
Should I donate it to a good cause? (local volunteer FD may be interested)
Or just junk it? Seems a shame - engine and most mechanicals are great. Interior OK, power windows not presently working but the motors work

Any advice appreciated!

Deken
deken

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600 turbo convertible

Re: '86 Dodge 600 2.2 turbo Convertible

Postby Tavo010584 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:09 pm

i myself have an 86 dodge conv. and be leave me when i say it is all with it . when it games to the transmission cost . i would not know. i resently replaced the motor in my car for $1200 i think the transmission should be around the same price. fix it
Tavo010584

Car Information: 86 dodge 600. Convertible. Red

Re: '86 Dodge 600 2.2 turbo Convertible

Postby Butch » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:41 am

Change the trans fluid AND filter. Use Dextron fluid.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Return to Suggestions and Comments