New member 1986 New Yorker

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

New member 1986 New Yorker

Postby shelby z » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:40 am

Hello all, Im not new to K cars as I grew up with them, my uncle had a 83 E Class, my aunt had a 84 600ES and my parents had a 86 Caravan. When I was 16 I bought a 82 Aries from a neighbour, it was a 2.2 4 speed manual. About 5 years ago I bought a one owner mint condition 88 Daytona Shelby Z, kind of a K car I guess.
Recently I came across this, Its a 1986 New Yorker. It was part of an estate liquidation and had been sitting in a heated garage since the early 2000's. This car had been parked winters by its original elderly owners. Its rust free and really in mint condition, even the vnyl roof is like new. Just over 60,000 org miles. This car grabs a ton compliments and attention, I have several other unique vehicles and even they dont get as much attention! (I have Buick Reatta coupe and ragtop, a corvette, and cadillac allante) There are very very few K cars up here, we are in West country area of Alberta Canada (rocky mountains) I also have a place out in Spokane Wash, K cars are not quite as scarce there, but still very endangered. Glad to be part of the club!

shelby z

Car Information: 1986 chrysler new yorker

Re: New member 1986 New Yorker

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Welcome to the club. Got news for you, K-Cars are endangered everywhere, cause nobody cares, except for convertibles. Sadly, nobody takes it seriously
that the 1982-1983 LeBaron 4dr has been successfully eliminated from the face of the earth, well, except for 50-100 of them. In Los Angeles, K-Cars are still around,
but all the early hardtop models are gone. It took me three years to find an 82 LeBaron 4dr. New Yorkers seem to be the most popular item here, besides LeBaron convertibles. 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Suggestions and Comments