Stoked in WeHo

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Stoked in WeHo

Postby Baron LeBaron » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:51 am

Couldn't help myself and bought a 1985 leBaron convertible after viewing a number them in various stages of disrepair since January. After all, it was the car that propelled the founding mayor into office of this western party town, thirty years ago. Hers was an '82 metallic brown with a tan top and leather interior. My own little beauty came from Irvine with 27,000 original miles on it. Would like to have picked up a woody, and even considered an '88 Town and Country wagon from Long Beach (with just as few miles), but the convertible won out, and I'm happy to own my sporty, two-seater (red with a white, leather interior). Bought a new rug where the other had faded (tell me, why is there a hump?) and I'm ready to go cruising on the Sunset Strip or drive out to the beach. Surprisingly, these two, low-mileage "collectibles," were advertised on Craigslist and sold recently for about four-thousand dollars each. This is my first Chrysler, and the 2.2liter Turbo-charged engine purrs right along, climbing hills and handling well on the highways. I've tried to baby it, first changing oil and flushing the engine. It runs quietly and almost looks and feels like a new car. After owning several Mustangs, I've read a bit about Lee Iacocca, and amazingly, their creator approaches his ninetieth birthday this year. Hats off to him. No wonder Warhol did his portrait. The guy's a genius and I'm enjoying another great vehicle from the second phase of his brilliant career. You don't have to be royalty to feel like a king, or at least, a baron in your classic Chrysler, K-Car.

Buy Lee a beer!
Baron LeBaron

Car Information: 1985 Chrysler leBaron convertible

Re: Stoked in WeHo

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Hello Baron LeBaron,

Did you read my email I sent you?

Sincerely,
Guy V.Coulombe
The Chrysler K-Car Club
CKCC President
818-219-2587