Dude! Answer your mail!!

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Dude! Answer your mail!!

Postby seattle smitty » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:58 am

Guy C., where are ya?? I answered your email the day after you sent it. It's Your turn! (answer by email).
seattle smitty

Car Information: '87 Dodge Colt Vista

Re: Dude! Answer your mail!!

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:54 am

Hello Seattle Smitty. I am sorry I did not respond. I got caught up, and I did read your very interesting email. I guess I was guilty of what most of my members do, read and leave.
Anyway, I really appreciate all that you do, and we successfully cannibalized the Colt Vista, but didn't find the transmission. We ended up pulling out a transmission cable out of a 91 Plymouth
Laser that actually worked. For $450, I literally got my brother and entire replacement enterior, mirrors door panels, etc. We took everything except for the seat and shell. We took all the lights
and even the entire dashboard. We scored big. Exact factory duplicate.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby seattle smitty » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:47 pm

Well, would you be interested in running the coltvista site? I would have no clue, can barely do THIS. I think it's all stored with an outfit in Texas. It wasn't a real busy site, and probably will become less so as years roll by. But we can get the members to put in five or ten bucks a year to defray expenses, which the previous admin said were low. At least two of us, me and a young Mitsubishi expert will be delighted to offer our ideas. We and others have previously written out a lot of information there, as you may recall, and I hate to see that lost to those who might need it.
seattle smitty

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:20 am

Give me a rundown with the costs involved, and if you are able to send a check, I will consider running the site.
89ARIES

Postby seattle smitty » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Dang, I keep looking for you in my email, so I didn't get back here in a timely fashion. I have to hunt through old notebooks to find the site hosting service that Alan Moore used in Texas. It used to pop up, after the site went inactive, when I keyed in www.coltvista.com, but now it does not. I hope that doesn't mean that they gave up and deleted everything. Anyway, when I find out something, I certainly will let you know all about it. I'll also try to contact Alan Moore again. He should recall you and your friendly interest in our site.

--Smitty
seattle smitty

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:32 am

Seattle Smithy, I just found a Colt Vista in Boron, California, and one in a junkyard in Rancho Cucamonga that runs. Count me in. If it is a simple matter of just running the blue page that I remember, I would be happy to volunteer. I will be happy to run the page, and build a Colt Vista facebook group page as well. Can't be that much involved for an almost dead car.
89ARIES

Return to Suggestions and Comments