Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Postby cigaron » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:48 am

Hi there. Cigaron from SW Florida. Sold a 1986 600 conv in 2008 and missed it dearly. Just landed a 1983 Mark Cross LeBaron. Car is in great shape. 2 and owner. Have original window sticker, owner's manual and dealer sales broucher. The only issues I have at the moment are cosmetic and audio. I want the car exactly as factory delivered. I need to replace the convertible top. The top is a tan co!or at this time. There is no color code on the window sticker for the top. The sales broucher indicates available colors as black, white, buckskin or brown. Buckskin is darker in color than existing top and clashes with the metallic gold body color. The body side molding is color keyed to paint. The pinstripe is brown. It seems logical that the top may have been brown however, I have only seen online photos of replica vehicles with the present tan colored top. The Mark Cross interior is steeped in dark brown with buckskin leather accents. Does anyone have knowledge of the original color combo. Brown will look good but, I want it factory. I was going to change the wheels to wire covers but, the window sticker shows optional alloys. Not my style preference but, original, so they stay. I'm also interested in a radio. The radio is a electronic tuned am-fm stereo w/cassette deck. The stereo works, but the cassette deck door is missing and it appears someone pried out a cassette and bent the carrier. I hope someone can help me through this forum. Hopefully my devotion to originality won't hurt my efforts to make my daily driver a 1983 time machine. Thanks for being here.
cigaron

Car Information: Chrysler, LeBaron Mark Cross convertible,1983

Re: New member

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:07 pm

If you really want to match up to original, you can try to get a dealer showroom book showing material samples and options/combinations available. There are a couple of these books for 1983 listed on Ebay - not sure if one of these has exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Chrysler-P ... 832wt_1220

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Chrysler-D ... 858wt_1220
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby mona's k » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:04 pm

Wish you luck on the radio. I have been looking for a AM/FM cassette for my '82 for several years now. My cassette player doesn't work and the time/station display is blank. Also some of the buttons don't always work and the sound out of the speakers is poor at best. It is my understanding that only 1982/83 are a direct plug in. '84-'86 will fit but the wiring behind the radio is different. The ones I have found the buttons are bad/missing or the cassette player doesn't work. I may take an '84-'86 and try splicing the wires if I can find a '84-'86 car at a salvage yard to get the body wiring behind the dash. Or gut out the '82 radio that I bought (and it didn't work) and put in a marine type radio, which is the the only silver faced car radio I can find.
mona's k

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron convertible

Postby cigaron » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:36 am

Thanks for the responses. I knew the radio was going to be an issue if I insist on originality. I owned a 1982 NY 5th Ave (Dec 1981). Beautiful car, impossible to replace radio. Had to do aftermarket as years passed. My 600 had a decent working radio. Should have switched it out before I sold it. Oh well, live and learn. As far as the convertible top color goes, I have a sales brochure that indicates color options. The only logical colors for the beige metallic body color would seem to be bucskin or brown. My local trim shop seems to believe it would be bucskin due to body moulding color. Hope he's right.
cigaron

Car Information: Chrysler, LeBaron Mark Cross convertible,1983

Return to Suggestions and Comments