How to reach out to more people owning 'K' Platforms

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

How to reach out to more people owning 'K' Platforms

Postby Hemi-Dude » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:46 pm

I'm Hemi-Dude around here,
I don't remember just how I happened on this group, but here I am.
I started as an apprentice at McCrane Auto Company in Hackensack NJ in '59. It was a DeSoto - Plymouth dealer at the time. I worked there a couple of years and was drafted in '61.
When I returned, it was a Dodge dealer. I have been a MOPAR line mechanic at various dealers both on the east coast and west coast. The last dealer being in Ventura CA.
I opened my own shop in '88 and am still at it, though in an irregular bases now.

I'm here to give advise to those who will listen and follow instructions. I answer only what I consider real problems and overlook those I feel are a waste of my time. It sounds HARD, but if you look at the Technical section you see me with answers more than any other, currently.

You guys want to keep your cars going and I give you credit for that. The cars before EFI, are the hardest to keep running well, mainly due to the carburetors on the various engines.

Up til now I have owned a bunch of 'K' car related vehicles. The closest current one is an '85 Chrysler Laser which had been abandoned by it's owner due mainly to a seeping head gasket.
He had 2 Omni GLHS cars that I had given him as he had said he wanted to use the engine from one in a 'L' body Scamp Pickup. Nothing ever came of that project and his live in lady wanted it all out of the yard.
He pleaded with me to take the Laser as he had loved driving it so. It needed a lot of fixing up but I finally gave in. It's a nice driver now with a 2.5L turbo Intercooled engine in it.

When you look at your banner, "Chrysler K-Car Club", it's there twice. I think that next to that very nice flag logo, you should put ALL the names of cars that have derived life due to the initial 'K' car.
That begins with the Reliant and ends with the TC by Maserati, bottom to top! Throw in the 'L' derivatives as well as they were the forerunners. The larger and newer ones up through '95 should be included too. That way someone passing this way will see that it's for them also.

I also have an '85 Plymouth Voyager that had a 2.6L in it. I converted it to a 3.0L MMC V6 and it's a great van. There are 2 TC by Maserati cars, one with the 8 valve 2.2L and the other with the 16 valve 2.2L
These 2 are both turbo intercoled and are great drivers. My red 8 valve car is close to the 1/4 million mark, resting right now at 248,100 miles on the odometer. Nobody can tell me that these cars can't go nearly forever, IF YOU TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM. You will find pictures of all my cars on http://www.allpar.com/fwd.html as well as interesting information about them.
Hemi-Dude

Re: How to reach out to more people owning 'K' Platforms

Postby Butch » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:25 pm

Rock on HEMI-DUDE, by the way I've seen V6 TC's also. Coming to Applebees next month ?
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby ReliantLV » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:09 am

Hemi-Dude wrote:When you look at your banner, "Chrysler K-Car Club", it's there twice. I think that next to that very nice flag logo, you should put ALL the names of cars that have derived life due to the initial 'K' car.

Good idea! :)
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby Hemi-Dude » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Hey-there, hi-there, all you looking today.
So good to see some of you checking in, let's check more often and keep this going.
You have a good thing going here and I really enjoy sharing, so let the good questions come.
I'll be away for a good long time after Monday the 23rd, so if you have a question, now is the time.
Hemi-Dude

Return to Suggestions and Comments