Someone bumped my car. Got lucky. More damage to him.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Someone bumped my car. Got lucky. More damage to him.

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:31 am

Someone decided to side scrape the front bumper corner of my 89 Aries Coupe. Fortunately, the impact was a side rub just forward of any critical sheet metal on the driver side fender, so only plastic and vinyl took the impact. Tore off some of the black paint on the bumper side trim exposing yellow area. Left a black mark on the paint. Very minor, thank goodness. All I have to do is buy a little touch-up black and paint over the yellow. As for the small black mark left on the rosewood color, I just have to live with it. I am just relieved that it left no waves or ripples. Plastic is more durable for small hits. Metal in my car sucks and gets distorted by so much as a pine cone. 8) This all happened where I was forced to park on a hill. First real hit in over a year. Really wanted to get the guy that just hit me and drove away. The good news is my car did more damage to his paint then he did to mine.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Someone bumped my car. Got lucky. More damage to him.

Postby nszotovich » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:42 am

Sorry about your damage.
Try a little rubbing compound on that black spot on your paint, rubbing gently in a circurlar motion. It should come off the suface of your paint.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Re: Someone bumped my car. Got lucky. More damage to him.

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:22 pm

I agree, rubbing compound does wonders on getting other peoples paint off metal surfaces and small surface scratches.
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Return to Injured classic K-cars (includes accidents and small scratches)