Car has declined somewhat and needs work now.

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Re: Car has declined somewhat and needs work now.

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:45 am

This car is amazing, and so totally POSSESSED. Its seems to have shaken off the bogging down, but the idle is still rough. What a weird car. If it don't break down, I should be okay for a while. It still never fails to start at least, and stay running.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Car has declined somewhat and needs work now.

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:44 am

88 aries wrote:Umm your wrong on that one, are you talking about a 1988 Model year Omni? because the 87's have a carbureator, and there for do not have codes

1985 Dodge Omni GLH (goes like hell)

(By the way, Plymouth also made the 2.2 HO optional on the Horizon in 1984, but made no bones about it. If the 1984 GLH was a sleeper, the Horizon with the HO was invisible.)

Two new variants of the 2.2 debuted in 1984 as well,. The first, an electronic-fuel-injected version, used a throttle-body-injection system and the 9.0:1 compression ratio of the base 2.2 to develop 99hp. The second replaced the throttle-body injection system with a multi-point injection system, then added a Garrett AiResearch T03 turbocharger, correspondingly redesigned manifolds and 8.1:1 compression pistons to the EFI engine to create the Turbo I engine, which developed 142hp.

Who wants to guess where Dodge engineers stuck that Turbo I engine in 1985? Weight-to-horsepower ratio: 15.89 pounds. No more tape on the thick-rimmed glasses for this little guy (DODGE OMNI). In just a few years, it transformed from William Hung to Jeff Goldblum.

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/200 ... ure18.html
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Previous

Return to Technical Support