Help!!

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Help!!

Postby love-a-Lebaron » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:01 pm

Hi All, I have an 86 Lebaron with a 2.5, & 70k on the car. On Friday 6-3-09 I have had to put a fule pump on the car & had the fule injectors cleaned, after doing so the car ran really good untill Sunday the 5th, it has started stalling @ red lights & going down the road @ 50mph!! & if it doesn't stall & I mange to keep it running it fells like it isn't getting any gas or power. The car always starts after a littal hesitation. & runs fine after that. Any Idea what is wronge with it. I am taking it back this afternoon & would really like some advice.
love-a-Lebaron

Car Information: 1986 Lebaron Con.

Re: Help!!

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:29 pm

How about your fuel filter? If you didn't have that changed it could be blocking fuel to the injector. If it hasn't been changed before I suggest you have that done.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby love-a-Lebaron » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks, but I had that done right after I got it & was getting her road ready after sitting for so long. She either runns really good or stalls & is hard to start, but then runs fine. I took it back to the garage & they check it out today & found nuthing wrong ????
love-a-Lebaron

Postby Butch » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:28 am

Bad fuel pump, I've had no luck with cheap pumps. Walbro is what the factory uses and is the best pump for our cars. The Carter pumps are junk, they don't have a good check valve in them making it take longer to start the car.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby love-a-Lebaron » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:15 pm

No She turns right over, & runs really good for most of the time. She just feels like she is not getting enought gas & then stalls out, is hard to start back up & then runs fine. She just stalls when every & where every she wants. They unplug the battery terminal yesturday & let her sit for a while to re set the computer. I hope this works
love-a-Lebaron

Postby 88 aries » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:38 pm

in 2002 my aries did the same thing, accept we had to pump it to keep it running when it was cold, came to find out that the TBI was bad, so we put another one on from a 87 Reliant and worked great, and still does to this day
88 aries

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:58 pm

Coolant Sensor possibly???
Our Lincoln, was a beast to start, then when it started finally you had to let it warm up for about 5 or 6 minutes, if you engaged it before then it would die.

It finally progressed to where it would just stall out going down the road......... :shock:

Replaced Coolant Sensor, and it starts and run great now.

Did you get the codes yet??
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby love-a-Lebaron » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Hey,
Thanks for all of the advice, I read some of the other problems listed & one of them said to unplug the battery & let the computer reset it self. I had my mechinic do this while it was still @ the shop & it has ran fine ever since!! (Kock On Brital Plactic Wood) Thanks for all of the help hopfuly one day I can return the favor!!
love-a-Lebaron

Return to Technical Support