Thermostat

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Re: Thermostat

Postby Chief » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 am

Hemi-Dude wrote:I appreciate your comments Chief.
I actually run a custom built 3 row radiator however it is the narrow one as it is mounted to the intercooler. It is the same physical setup as the Daytona Shelby and the Chrysler TCs. I really have no idea if the fan ran all the time.
I might add that my temperature sending unit is mounted right above the thermostat, in that otherwise spare, plugged hole in the head, so this is at the outlet to the radiator where the coolant is the very hottest. The returning coolant from the radiator is no doubt a lot cooler even in the heat of the summer.
Currently with the weather much colder, the engine runs right at 195 degrees, sane as the thermostat setting.[/b]

Hemi...I definitely appreciate your knowledge and experience and I would love to see that narrow 3-row radiator set-up, and your thermostat mount. I've had some health issues I'm working through, but I look forward to meeting you and tapping into some of that "K"nowledge" of yours!
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Re: Thermostat

Postby 84reliantk » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:27 pm

My 84 does not have a thermostat in it at all, and it runs fine, i just keep a few pieces of plastic infront of the radiator, and watch the temp gauge, if it starts getting warm i either turn up the heat or take one of the pieces of plastic out. i keep the engine temp just below the temp where the fan turns on, it runs fine and i have no problems with it over heating, all you have to do is just keep an eye on the temp gauge and turn the heat up when the car starts to get warm.
84reliantk

Car Information: 1984 Plymouth Reliant

Previous

Return to Technical Support