digital dash buttons not working.

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

digital dash buttons not working.

Postby SonnysTile » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:58 pm

my trip reset and the other button (can't think of it right now) aren't working.

I just got the car and she's a beaut! 85' Lebaron T&C Mark Cross convertible with the 2.2 Turbo and a continental kit. 47,000 original miles.

could this just be a fuse?

everything else appears to be working fine. did this car have the "talking" dash? if so, mine's a mute.
SonnysTile

Car Information: 1985 Lebaron T&C Mark Cross Convertible

Re: digital dash buttons not working.

Postby Veronica » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Suggest using wiring diagrams and multimeter to solve this mystery. this is the best idea that i have.

Also see if you can use the computer codes to get the computer to do a self diagnosis. I have a copy of the Haynes computer codes book and can look your car up and scan it for you. (Far less likely to be the solution).
Veronica

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries Station wagon, 1982 Dodge B250

Re: digital dash buttons not working.

Postby ejkorvette » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:30 pm

If your stereo or front speakers have ever been replaced, it may just be disconnected. Many people got tire of hearing that "a door is ajar" :) The best way to see if you have it is the control box was mounted in the dash above the glove box. If you open the glove box and feel in the area inside above the opening, thats where the box was located. I can't remember but it also may have a "kill" switch on the box also. They atarted putting that in at one point. If you can feel the box with your finger, also feel for the small slide switch.
ejkorvette

Car Information: 81 Reliant S.E. Wagon

Return to Technical Support