high beam issues

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Re: high beam issues

Postby duked » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:33 am

Took the column apart as far as I felt comfortable found how everything worked. Wasn't able to fix the slop in my tilt but its not really that big an issue. dimmer switch turned out not to be a problem with the linkage but with the switch. I thought from diagrams and such that the control lever retained the rod but actually the rod is kept in place by a a big chunk of the switch that mine is missing. have a new switch on order O'riellys had to have it shipped form out of state so should only be 2 more days till I have it and they are gonna do some price adjustment :D . While I was down under there was able to check and clean all my connectors and replaced the time delay relay for my key light ( an option that strangely wasn't supposed to be available on my trim level) so now everything electrical now works in my car.
duked

Car Information: 1986 aries se

Postby duked » Sun May 08, 2011 7:38 am

well now i can finally update this. i still have no high beam control at the steering wheel the rod isn't right or my wash wipe switch is broken . found out my column is a replacement probably needs replacement or rebuild again but at least now for high beams i just pop the fuse cover and punch the switch.
duked

Postby crowan » Wed May 25, 2011 11:40 pm

Did you ever manage to get your high beams working again? When I changed my steering wheel the high beams stopped working. Pulling the (turn signal) switch on the side of the steering column does not make a clicking sound and engage the high beams. I'm not sure what happened and am having troubles understanding the mechanism and how they are engaged. Any help would be appreciated!
crowan

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries K-Car 2.2L 4dr sedan, fuel inj...

Postby duked » Thu May 26, 2011 9:11 pm

nope somethings up with my turn signal lever i just leave the fuse cover off and hit the switch through there if i need it
duked

Previous

Return to Technical Support