Car is leaking oil from around dipstick tube.

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Car is leaking oil from around dipstick tube.

Postby 89ARIES » Sun May 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Well, It seems in the last 900 miles of driving, since my last oil change, I lost between 1/3rd and 1/2 quart of oil. I looked under the hood, and I see oil seepage from around the base of the dipstick tube in a trail that leads to under the oil filter. I know its fresh cause I touched it and its a small pool sitting on surface crevices. Also, the oil is around the base of the dipstick and just seems to be a very slow ooze. What should I do?
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Car is leaking oil from around dipstick tube.

Postby 88 aries » Mon May 09, 2011 1:03 am

your dipstick sounds like its going to break off, I saw that once on a 1990 horizon
88 aries

Postby Butch » Mon May 09, 2011 4:49 am

Pay the " the family mechanic " thousands and thousands of dollars to fix it. :lol:
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby Deaglans Dad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:14 pm

I just replaced the engine in my Dodge 600 (2.2 l non-turbo). The new long block didn't have a dipstick tube so I had to remove it from the old engine. Not easy to do, I had to heat the block up cherry red before it would even budge. Then it took pliers and a lot of muscle, I was surprised by that. It fit easily in the new long block though, slipped right in so I used RTV to help seal it up. I don't know of you can do the same with your engine still being installed but it's something you might consider.

Will
Deaglans Dad

Car Information: 1985 Dodge 600

Return to Technical Support