I screwed up! She's not fixed...

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

I screwed up! She's not fixed...

Postby Vogelsong » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Imagine my surprise after driving it for 20 miles last night with no trouble, and then it shut off on the way to work this morning. :o

It turns out that I got the code 11 before cranking the motor. So the p/u assy. is sending a signal, if I crank the motor the code goes away. This is what should happen.

So I'm back at square one.

Tomorrow my Dad and I are going to go at it with a test tool, and check everything.

According to the article about no engine feed posted by kcar, the only other thing it could be component wise is the ignition switch, or the ecm. The 4 culprits of this condition are the ESD, the P/U assy, the ecm and the ignition switch.

Wish me luck.
Vogelsong

Car Information: 1988, Plymouth, Reliant, 2.5L, Auto w/ Console AC

Re: I screwed up! She's not fixed...

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Or an intermittent connection somewhere. On one car I had an intermittent connector (that had to be replaced) that plugged into the distributor pick up sensor.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Re: I screwed up! She's not fixed...

Postby Vogelsong » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:05 pm

K-CAR_WAGON wrote:Or an intermittent connection somewhere. On one car I had an intermittent connector (that had to be replaced) that plugged into the distributor pick up sensor.

Well that too, but honestly all the connections look really good. No corrosion, and they seem tight. Headed over now with a multimeter to check it out.
Vogelsong

Car Information: 1988, Plymouth, Reliant, 2.5L, Auto w/ Console AC

Return to Technical Support