How do I put on my convertible boot?Need instructions

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

How do I put on my convertible boot?Need instructions

Postby 80sgal » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:45 pm

I need instructions on how to put on my convertible boot on my 1985 Chrysler Lebaron convertible. It doesn't have instructions on the user manual. I tried to put it on in the past but was not successful. Help greatly appreciated!
80sgal

Car Information: 1985 Chrysler Lebaron Turbo Mark Cross Convertible

Re: How do I put on my convertible boot?Need instructions

Postby 86dodge600esconvert » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:37 pm

ON the roof if it is the same as mine you have to put an extra fold in it when it is partly down, I found a video on u-tube and that step was in my owners manual. If you don't the roof lays on top of the back seat and doesn't quite go down all the way. I like to put my windshield hooks back in so they don't stick up. Lay the boot in place, there is a channel on the boot that hooks on jut above the rear seat, the 2 side pieces that extend forward have a snap and a couple of hooks that hook under the moldings beside the rear passengers. Both sides and the rear there is a molding on the car that has a slot for a plastic strip that hooks in that is attached onto the boot. The sides and rear have to stretch the boot to make the boot a bit tight so it doesn't fall off. I use the palm of my hand to get it to slide over. The front hooks keep coming off until it is stretched. When your done make sure all the front hooks and snaps are still hooked. It is easier when it is warm. This may not be the best procedure.
86dodge600esconvert

Car Information: 1986 Dodec 600 es convertable

Postby 80sgal » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:35 pm

I may have to print out your instructions on a piece of paper and try to do that step by step while my car is in the garage with the top down. I remember using my boot a few times when I had my 86 Lebaron convertible but that was a long time ago. I think I may have found it too difficult to mess with so I end up not using it that much. I think the cars do look nicer with the boot on.

Thanks for your help!
80sgal

Car Information: 1985 Chrysler Lebaron Turbo Mark Cross Convertible

Postby aussiewoody » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:43 am

Good thread - thanks for the tips.
I am yet to get my car and try it but i was wondering what kept it down.
Thanks again
Regards
Gary
aussiewoody

Car Information: '84 LeBaron T&C 'vert, '85 Dodge 600 'vert

Return to Technical Support