1985 Lebaron quit running

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Re: 1985 Lebaron quit running

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:12 pm

If the driver in the power module computer is ok (which it should be since you replaced it), and your wiring is ok (tested connections?), maybe the fuel injector resistance is marginal and when it goes into a closed loop mode it shuts down. I think you can measure the fuel injector resistance and compare it against a tolerance to see if it out of range. (I am not sure of the value. Maybe its in the 85 factory service manual. Or if you have a new injector you can compare resitance. I read somewhere its 0.9 to 1.2 ohms cold depending on the year.)

Did you clean the contacts at the interface to the injector? High resistance anywhere along the path might cause the problem if the injector is ok.

Also, next time it does not start, try turning the key to on for a second or two, then off, then on for another second or two, then off, then on again and then crank. (Don't crank on the first two turn-ons.) This will have the affect of increasing the inital prime.

Also, check that all your fuel hoses are in good condition.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby Lebarondriver » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:01 pm

I think I forgot to mention I did put a new fuel injector in as well.

It did the same thing today. Started, ran for about 3 minutes, and shut off. After it shuts off, the fuel pump no longer will run. I assume that means something is still kicking out the asd relay?
Lebarondriver

Car Information: 1985

Postby Lebarondriver » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:02 pm

I forgot to add that the codes are now gone all I get is the 12 and 55.
Lebarondriver

Car Information: 1985

Previous

Return to Technical Support