Power door lock

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Power door lock

Postby Dodge60085 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:00 am

Hello all I have a question

I have a dodge 600 convertible with a 2.6 engine.
The drivers side door lock switch does not work the power lock. However the passenger side door lock works the power door lock on the drivers side the passenger side door lock does work.

The wires by the door lock switch get warm after a couple of attempts the lights dim but the lock does not work. I have noticed that it does not unlock the passenger side door lock either.

I have replaced the door switch with a new one.
I have cleaned the door lock motor once again it only works from the passenger side.

Any help or direction would be great :)

Mike
Dodge60085

Car Information: 1985 Diodge 600 Es convertible

Re: Power door lock

Postby The Upcoming Classic » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:16 am

I have a problem where the door actuator motor works, however it's not attached to anything. when you hit the button, the motor just flops around moving up and down. There is a little plastic bracket with two open holes I think has something to do with it but that's about all I know. It feels like it should be a simple fix but I have no clue how it goes together. I found nothing online, nothing in Chilton manual, and nothing in these forums...
Image Why not?
The Upcoming Classic

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Medallion Mark Cross

Postby Kwagon2 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:29 am

Hi
That bracket should be pop riveted to the door inside panel , the lock motor is free to move around a bit on that bracket , perhaps the bracket has worked free of the rivets , new rivets and a couple of washers placed on the end of the rivet on the inside of the bracket prior to securing the rivet should help in the event that the bracket holes have enlarged to where the rivet won't hold anymore....your lament about "nothing on these forums" holds true..not a lot of action which is to bad....
I still check in on a regular basis.....I tried adding a diagram but I get "an attachment quota" reached warning....
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Postby The Upcoming Classic » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:06 pm

I got to looking and found some diagrams... I was turning the bracket upside down. The brackets are broken on the top so i ended up using a hose clamp to make it work. It works though!
Image Why not?
The Upcoming Classic

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Medallion Mark Cross

Return to Technical Support