Aspirator tube emission tube

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Aspirator tube emission tube

Postby Dodge60085 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:03 am

Hello everyone

I have a new aspirator tube I would like to install, However what would be some of the suggestions to remove the tube from
The exhaust manifold
I have started cleaning up the area where the threads are from rust.

Interested in obtaining information on how to remove the pipe carefully.

Thank you for your time.
Dodge60085

Car Information: 1985 Diodge 600 Es convertible

Re: Aspirator tube emission tube

Postby Pete in NH » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi,

Those things can be very difficult to get apart. I would try brushing as much of the rust from the threads as you can with a small wire brush as a first step. Then I would try getting something like PB Blaster solvent on the threads a little bit at a time and letting it soak in well. I would get a few drops of solvent on it every day, twice day for several days. Then try to turn it with a wrench on the coupling nut. If it begins to turn I would try to work a few more drops of solvent in it by working the nut back and forth until the solvent really gets in there.

Patience is the key when working on something like this. Being in a hurry often gets you some broken parts. Good luck!
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby Dodge60085 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Thanks Pete for your reply.

Mike
Dodge60085

Car Information: 1985 Diodge 600 Es convertible

Postby 1987dodgearies » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:17 am

I would also try something like PB Blaster and maybe a wire wheel brush mounted on a drill motor.

I was looking at my Aries 2.2L and realized that most my aspirator emission tube is totally missing. I have from the air box down and the horizontal tube that goes into the threaded fitting..that's there, but the rest of it , which I think runs over to the CAT is not even there.
I was scratching my head wondering what threads into the fitting. I guess its just an emissions thing but read your exhaust is louder without the aspirator tube hooked up.
1987dodgearies

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries base model sedan

Return to Technical Support