1988 Chrysler Lebaron T&C rear lights.

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

1988 Chrysler Lebaron T&C rear lights.

Postby Local2ED » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:29 am

Hi, first post here.
I recently bought a 1988 Chrysler Lebaron T&C with no rear lights of any kind working. No brake,tail light or turn signals.
Headlights, FRONT turn signals and running lights work.
I read somewhere (I've been searching the internet for 2 days) that the power for the rear lights goes through the turn signal switch. Is this true?
I just bought this car and I haven't tracked down a factory service manual for it yet so any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Local2ED

Car Information: 1988 Chrysler LeBaron Town & Country

Re: 1988 Chrysler Lebaron T&C rear lights.

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Last edited by K-CAR_WAGON on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Re: 1988 Chrysler Lebaron T&C rear lights.

Postby Local2ED » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:13 pm

Thanks for the reply K-car wagon.
The P.O. said he kept losing his turn/tail/brake lights. When I took off the rear lenses the bulbs were burned out and there was a little rust in one of the sockets but I did have power going to the lights except the reverse lights, which I discovered one reverse light socket to be missing its center terminal but still no power to the reverse.
What I almost missed because of below freezing temps was the 1/4" in the pass. side and 1/2" in the drivers side lens housing of ice on the bottom. As I thawed out the lenses it became apparent the seal between the red lens and the black housing that bolts to the body had failed along the top and part way down the side. I also found broken glass from one of the bulbs in the lens and think it may have been water splashing on a hot bulb causing it to burst. Anyway, I dried the insides and used silicone caulk to seal the joint across the top and down the side of the two pieces of the lens. The lights, except reverse, work now so we'll see how well the repair works.

I found a decent Chiltons for cheap that will answer some questions for now but I may buy the electrical manual you posted because now I am trying to find out where the fuses, or where the power comes from for the rear self-leveling system. The rubber boots on the original shocks are torn and I am trying to activate the compressor to see if it works. The Chiltons manual does not have the electrical diagram for the self-leveling system in it.

Thanks.
Local2ED

Car Information: 1988 Chrysler LeBaron Town & Country

Return to Technical Support