What can I do for a new rollover valve?

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

What can I do for a new rollover valve?

Postby 1p3bp » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:10 am

My original rollover valve on my 86 Reliant wagon was broken. The original grommet was in nice shape so I reused it. But I could not find a replacement original rollover valve from Chrysler or anywhere online. I ended up using a Dorman one from a Blazer that seemed to fit perfect when I had the gas tank out. Once I got the gas tank back up it seems the valve is popping out very easily. I know of one Aries that I can try to remove it from if it's still there but it's a longshot. But what is everyone using as a proper functioning replacement since there is no more left? I'm afraid to fill my fuel tank all the way up because the valve comes out pretty easy. It seemed to be the perfect fit before I put the tank in but I guess it's a little too loose when driving around going over all the road imperfections it works its way out.
1p3bp

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon

Re: What can I do for a new rollover valve?

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Apparently, some people are using a Jeep one. See link below.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showt ... over+valve

This link has a hint on removing one from a junkyard without damaging it. It is interchangeable with alot of Mopars so you should be able to find one.
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f14 ... valve.html
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Re: What can I do for a new rollover valve?

Postby 1p3bp » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:46 pm

That's how I got this valve from an 85 Aries and it still wasn't that easy. I tried a new one from a Chevrolet blazer which seemed to fit perfect until I had the whole gas tank back in and now it pops out so easily. I wanted to know if this 85 Aries valve would work? It's the same part number my Chrysler dealer gave me for a new one but they said it's no longer available. I got it from a 2.2 carbureted Aries and mine is an 86 reliant 2.2 efi. It's not a rollover valve like my original, it's just a vent valve. Is that ok to use?
1p3bp

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon

Return to Technical Support