Upper dash pad removal

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Upper dash pad removal

Postby 1p3bp » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:41 am

Is it going to be hard to remove the upper dash pad? I really need to replace my dash speakers. My factory Chrysler repair manual is not very clear. It just says remove upper pad, bezel, and trim. I'm trying to get this thing ready for a show in October.
1p3bp

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon

Re: Upper dash pad removal

Postby Kwagon2 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:46 am

Hi
The upper dash pad is easy , its exactly as the service manual states, remove screws from defroster trough, screws next to the ones holding the instrument cluster bezel and the screws above the glovebox ...slide back and out. (took me about 5 minutes).
I sent you a PM ...did you follow up on the link to the mirrors???
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Re: Upper dash pad removal

Postby 1p3bp » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:21 am

Yeah I checked on the mirror link but I saw some more options on car-part. I still got to replace the dash speakers, change motor mounts, and change coolant hoses before sending off to paint. All trying to be done before October.
1p3bp

Update dash speaker replacement

Postby 1p3bp » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:45 pm

This is an update on upper dash pad removal and speaker replacement. The dash pad was easy to remove, it did take like 5 minutes. It took about the same to replace the dash speakers. Now no more crackling! The 3.5 speakers from the auto parts store fit right in but had to add a jumper harness from the new speaker to the original speaker connector. Works good now.
1p3bp

Return to Technical Support