Will led brake lights work in Reliant?

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Will led brake lights work in Reliant?

Postby 1p3bp » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:22 am

I have led bulbs for my reverse bulbs on my 86 Reliant. Will the LEDs for the turn/brake lights flash like they're suppose to?
1p3bp

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon

Re: Will led brake lights work in Reliant?

Postby Kwagon2 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Hi
I bought a set from one of our local Auto supply joints.....I bought two amber ones to replace 1157NA for the front turn/park lights in my Aries and some clear ones for the stop and turn for the rear.... I tried them in both my Aries and my Reliant. The lamps worked OK in circuit but do not match the same light output as the 1157 incandescent types. The front turn/park lights in the Aries are clear lenses so the 1157NA are visible but barely , in my Reliant where the front lenses are already amber they virtually disappear. I wasn't impressed with the general performance of the clear ones either....simply not bright enough. Around here getting drivers to even acknowledge turn signals is a reach let alone if they aren't bright enough...I put the incandescents back in!!
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Postby 1p3bp » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:09 pm

I put the white reverse lights in and they make a big difference at night when backing up. I was wondering if I put in the brake light bulbs using an led is it going to get brighter when you press the pedal? Also will the led turn signal bulbs flash?
1p3bp

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon

Postby Kwagon2 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi Again!
The Led lamps I used did everything they were supposed to ! Its just that they didn't have the same brightness while flashing etc. as the incandescent type once installed behind a lens...
Maybe there are brighter ones on the market.... I didn't like them.
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Return to Technical Support