Selling my 86 Reliant Wagon, Best place for inspection?

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Selling my 86 Reliant Wagon, Best place for inspection?

Postby 1p3bp » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:42 pm

I've got a 86 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon with now 49,000 original miles on it that's in great shape. One scuff and spray repaint in the original Black a couple years ago. Drives good, stops good, a/c works, heat works, everything works. An interested buyer wants to have a shop inspect it for reliability but I'm hesitant. I'm confident in the car. We've driven it 200 miles back and forth for a car show in the summer with no issues. It also gets driven around locally every once and awhile to keep it clean. Is there any kind of national repair shops that's worth having a basic inspection done at. I know what's been done to the car because I did it all. As of right now nothing needs to be done to be driven except being washed.
1p3bp

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon

Re: Selling my 86 Reliant Wagon, Best place for inspection?

Postby Kwagon2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:53 pm

I don’t blame you for being very hesitant, you’re selling a 31 year old car that’s in great shape and nobody has a Crystal ball to predict what it will do in the future. You’ve done the work on the car, you “know” the car well, in short, there is nobody more qualified than you to present this car!
Theoretically a good car should usually sell itself but regrettably, it seems with some folks that if someone is selling a car this seller is automatically trying to pull a fast one! This is the prime reason why I don’t like selling cars…automatically you’re on the defensive…
As a result I’ve made the personal decision if my direct family does not want any of my cars they shall be sold at open auction
with no ties "as is where is".
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Return to Technical Support