Think I'm going to have to sell......

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Think I'm going to have to sell......

Postby RichG » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi guys....been busy (many deaths in family, changed job locations, college graduations, weddings, etc.) that I haven't posted in a while.

My beloved 84 with 97,000 miles (2.2 TBI) may have to go. The convertible top FRAME broke after 27 years - (clean snap at the main beam knuckle on the right side above the 1/4 glass). Of course it took out the rear glass window at the same time. I haven't replaced the windshield yet, from the tree limb damage from the early spring. I had been preparing to redo the seat upholstery as basically the last big amount I was going to put into it....drive it a few more seasons (I've had it five years.)

What kills me is I just had it painted last August, and put a new, front to back exhaust, not to mention various computers, vacuum lines, floor repairs, calipers, carpet, fuel filter, new pickups, plugs etc.
I figure maybe someone in the club might like an addition to their fleet that looks pretty good, but needs more than my heart will let me put into it.

It drives fine. I could deliver it to locations in Eastern PA, Southern NY, or here in Jersey. It should go to a good home, with someone who cares about not killing it.

The paint was $1200, exhaust (with Cat) about $700. I'm really looking to break even at $3000.

If anybodys interested.

The members page has pictures pre-paint. I'll try to post the post paint pictures .....RichG

I
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Re: Think I'm going to have to sell......

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi Rich. I'm so sorry about the family deaths. My condolences. I hope we'll still see you around, with or without the K-car.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Think I'm going to have to sell......

Postby rev84600 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:23 am

I hava a spare top frame for an 84 left over after a 2 to one build
rev84600

Car Information: 1984 dodge 600 convertable

Return to Buy and sell a Classic K-car