WTB 85-89 Aries or Reliant for parts

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

WTB 85-89 Aries or Reliant for parts

Postby capev86 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:03 am

hello all.

my 86 aries wagon is sitting at the resto shop awaiting her turn under the knife. i'm having trouble finding a rust free 4 door sedan to use as a donor (need full rockers and patches for floor and rear quarters). the big issue is finding a completely rust free car w/ virgin sheet metal so my resto guy doesn't have to spend time fabbing patches. the aftermarket companies don't make repop stuff like they do for more vintage (and popular) vehicles. preliminary estimate for bodywork and paint is $8 to 9,000 provided i can find suitable replacement panels. if the donor car has the correct LE grade bucket seats in tan (that color is rare, i know) then you get bonus points. and if it has the 87-89 shorty 5spd console in tan then you are my hero (only ever seen the big floor console in tan). but the priority is a rust free donor car, the closer to new england the better as shipping from the west coast is more than $1,000. i can always reinstall my bench and go with a built automatic. thanks ladies and gentlemen!
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Re: WTB 85-89 Aries or Reliant for parts

Postby capev86 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:44 pm

got my rust free parts car...an 88 aries 2dr 5spd that i will be parting out anything i'm not using!

still interested in wagon specific parts like black rear side rub strips (without the light they put on the sedans) wood grain lower dash panel that has the 2 switches for defrost and wiper.

also interested in NOS parts like fresh door and window seals, etc.
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Return to Buy and sell a Classic K-car