One Owner 1986 Dodge Aries FOR SALE

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: One Owner 1986 Dodge Aries FOR SALE

Postby capev86 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:58 pm

anyone fixing up a K car is nuts

but my k wagon was my first car, it has been in the family for over 20 years AND i've been planning to restore it for the last decade. ten years of sitting outside waiting for me to be in a financial situation to fix her up....so yes i will be spending 10k on the bodywork and paint. still cheaper than buying a NICE new car and it will be unique AND i get to keep my old car that i'm very attached to. another k car would be nice, but that's what it would be to me....just another k car. i'm single and don't have a lot of bills/debt. besides, taking a personal loan out (paid off the one for my 72 Suburban) helps me build my credit up because I want to build a BIG shop/garage in a couple years when I'm done fixing up cars.

there are plenty of rust free examples on the west coast but these cars are all but extinct in the northeast (good examples anyway). i passed up on the opportunity to pick up a beautiful light blue 4 door w/ 28k, 40 minutes from me in NH. decided it was just too pretty to cut up, especially since only the body would be useful (wrong color interior, no bucket seats). but this brown car has the same color interior as mine but with tan bucket seats (very rare) and the steel support under the console is there (for my 5spd swap). i do appreciate that 2 doors are rare (i still like wagons better) so that's why it was spared the knife. as i said, if it had been a FOUR door it would have gone on to greener pastures and saved another life! drove 5 hours each way (w/ tow dolly) to look at a car in NJ w/ under 50k and it was already a rust bucket.

i do have a line on tan bucket seats from a late 80's LE model k wagon (parted due to rust). i just need to find an 87-89 k body 5spd console (not that big ugly auto console), preferably in tan (or "almond" as the factory calls it).
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Postby MyDodgeDip » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:42 am

I'll keep my eyes peeled for one here in NJ. Does it just need good floor pans or rocker panels as well? Let me know if you need eyes on anything down this way.
MyDodgeDip

Postby capev86 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:29 am

yes....floors AND rockers. they have to be mint (or just about) so the resto guy can just cut them out and weld them in and go!

going to look at a car this weekend that i'm hopeful about. i'll be parting it out what i don't need if i get it (maroon interior).

i have a line on buckets from an 87 k wagon that was parted awhile back due to rust (despite low mileage)

if anyone has an 87-89 5spd k car they want to part out....i need the center console (shorty unit, not the big sucker on floor auto models) and the bracket that is welded to the floor that holds it down.
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Previous

Return to Buy and sell a Classic K-car