Incredible low mileage '82 Lebaron convertible, Denver, CO.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Incredible low mileage '82 Lebaron convertible, Denver, CO.

Postby 82Lebaronconv » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:30 am

Saw this car tonight on Craigslist and wanted to share this post. This has to be the nicest early LeBaron I've ever seen. Car is advertised as having only 3,200 original miles and supposedly was in storage for 28 years. It is a Mark Cross, but in the pictures, the engine appears to be the Chrysler built 2.2 and not the Mitsubishi 2.6. But I always thought that all Mark Crosses in '82 and '83 had the Mitsubishi and that the 2.2 was not available in the Mark Cross until '84 when the Turbo version was introduced. Am I wrong, or was this car a special order? Here is a link to the ad. Asking price of $4,000 seems awfully reasonable for a car of this caliber. Mileage must be low - note the wide stripe white wall tires in the photos. These must be the original Firestone Arrivas that were OEM on these cars.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2927359544.html
82Lebaronconv
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Re: Incredible low mileage '82 Lebaron convertible, Denver,

Postby Racer Brown » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Hard to belilve, I also thought all early LeBarons came with only 2.6s, anybody in the Denver area that could go and see it??
Racer Brown

Car Information: 82 Chrysler LeBaron Medailion Convert- Mark Cross

Re: Incredible low mileage '82 Lebaron convertible, Denver,

Postby Dodge Aries K » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:50 pm

I think the 2.2L was required for high altitude areas in those cars. That thing is freakin awesome though.
Dodge Aries K

Return to Buy and sell a Classic K-car