Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1985 Dodge 600ES Turbo for parts or whole

Postby Dodge Aries K » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 am

Date: 25th April 2012
Username: Dodge Aries K
Full Name: Karl Bonfiglio
City, State, Zip: South Beloit, IL 61080
Price: $900 for the whole car, make offers for parts

I recently picked up this 1985 Dodge 600ES turbo. It's a convertible, as apparent by my pictures. Car only has 85K on the clock and no asterisks or anything like that so it should be the original mileage. Unfortunately, it hasn't been well cared for and neglected so it's pretty rough. The floors have rusted out in the past and have been patched by someone in your typical areas. The top is horrible, and that's why it's here. A new top is over $1200 installed and just isn't worth it. Everything on the car works with the exception of the driver side 1/4 window regulator. It was originally black but someone spray panted it black again... I'm guessing the clearcoat failed. The sad part is it actually runs and drives really well! Newer tires on it as well. It has a newer head gasket on the engine but I'm sure it needs a tune up as it sat for over a year before I got it. It is, oddly enough, a non-a/c vehicle. Most of the exhaust and the cat is gone. Still have the factory twin tip muffler in okay shape here.

$900 whole. Make offers on parts. I'm on the fence of using the car to convert my clean 84 Aries wagon from a 2.6 to this car's drivetrain but still have no idea how much hell I'm in for on that project.
Dodge Aries K

Re: 1985 Dodge 600ES Turbo for parts or whole

Postby njr600 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi Karl! Just checking to see if you still had this car? I wanted to know if the weather strippings are in good condition? If so how much would you charge for both rear glass strippings. Also the ones that run above the side view mirrors as well. I left you a message on the listed number. If you want to reach me you can send an email to njr200182@yahoo.com. Just trying to get some parts since the convertibles and most k cars are starting to get hard to find and get little small parts like for example those weather strippings. Thanks!
njr600

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 2.2 Turbo

Postby Dodge Aries K » Mon May 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Hey man, I tried to listen to your message but my phone was being stupid. Let me check it again when I'm out and the phone actually works properly haha. As for the ones that are mounted to the windshield they are shot and fell apart during removal. The ones on the 1/4 windows, I replaced the driver side one with a used one that has a small tear but is still decent and I'll have to check the passenger side one. I was suprised how bad the weatherstripping was on the car but... then again... look at the car as a whole and yeah... kind of trashed.
Dodge Aries K

Postby njr600 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Hey Karl. Ok . Just let me know. And also what about the vents on the side of the car? Are they in good condition? My left side is cracked. Was trying to replace it. But no big deal. Also what about the passeger side front and back window motors? My front one is good but just was trying to have a back up and my rear window on the passenger side goes up slow. Well message me back whenever you get a chance and thanks for getting back in touch with me.
njr600

Postby Dodge Aries K » Mon May 07, 2012 7:38 pm

The rear 1/4 window assembly on the passenger side still worked fine. I took off the glass but the regulator assembly is already out and just needs to be boxed up and sent out. Front one worked fine. Regulators are rivited in so I haven't drilled them out yet but I believe the motors just unbolt. Make me an offer on that stuff.
Dodge Aries K

Postby njr600 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:47 pm

How much do you want for all of those parts listed? Also would you happen to have the bolts or screws that keep the window from shaking and moving when going up and down. My passenger side window broke a few years back and it doesnt go up and down correctly. I have to tilt the glass a certain way when its going up or down for it to go smoothly. If not it goes up and down rough and not correct. The upholstery shop guys are going to take a look at it while i have it down there getting a top done on it. And whooo that was an expensive job.... Lol let me know whats your going price Karl for all those parts listed. Are you side body vents in good condition? The vents right above the turbo logo. I needed one side, the left vent.
njr600

Postby Dodge Aries K » Tue May 08, 2012 7:05 pm

The thing causing the shake is the bar that runs from the top to the bottom of the door. There's two plastic bushings that stabilize the glass to keep it from tilting. They are, of course, in bad shape. I believe the vent things in the fenders are good. I just haven't tried to remove them yet. I think they're just screwed in.

As for prices, make me an offer. I don't really know what to charge for this stuff.
Dodge Aries K

Postby njr600 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Hey Karl! Well this is getting funner by the days lol. I'm just trying to think of all the stuff i can get off the car that is still good lol. My plastic pieces must have broke off when my window had snapped. To make a long story short one day i took a young lady out to eat, as we were about to get out the 600 i notice she was putting the window up. It went up fine but i notice it was all the way up but she kept it going and then all of a sudden it must of caught the top because it was kind of off adjustment. Next thing i know it snapped. Talk about a date. People thought i did something to her lol. Thought i cut her up so she could have dinner with me. Frightning experience. I was worried about her and then finding another glass for the car lol. But at that time i lucked up and found a car like mine in the junkyard and was able to get the glass out of it. I could tell you some stories about the old 600....

Well Karl lets do this. If the left side Vent is good. I will take it. I dont know if either side will link up with one another. But if so i'll take either or to replace my one bad side. I'll take the two regulators for the passenger side as well as the window motors. Would you take $40 dollars for everything? I could have it to you by the end of the month. How does that sound?
njr600

Postby njr600 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Karl! Forgot to ask about the right plastic lens cover. It looks good from the pic. I need one for the right passenger side. Mine has a crack in it. If you dont need all four i will take them too. Just to have some extra covers. I'm reffering to the side plastic light covers near the tires. Thanks.
njr600

Postby Dodge Aries K » Sun May 13, 2012 7:37 am

$40? The scrap value is more than that for that stuff...
Dodge Aries K

Next

Return to Buy and sell a Classic K-car