FREE '87 RELIANT le/K

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

FREE '87 RELIANT le/K

Postby meatgurl » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Please save my baby! my reliant, my loved "reliable automobile".
my husband is forceing me to give rid of her, I want her to go somewhere where she will be loved and mantained.
Needs a head gasket, but otherwise in good shape. im tecnicaly the first owner! ( my grandpa bought her and died a month later, then used as the "safe to park and leave" at the airport parking car)
all miles over 300 were put there by me, used as my daily driver up till now. 85k miles. the registration just expired, she she has been mantained up till now, I stoped driveing as soon as i needed the gasket. soo no damage.
FREE to anyone willing to keep her going, or atleast keep a K car going. UTAH, Murray area. Call or TXT Kat (801)647-1711 email meatgurl2@gmail.com. ASAP!
meatgurl

Car Information: 87 plymouth reliant le

Re: FREE '87 RELIANT le/K

Postby capev86 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:46 am

Umm....keep the car and get rid of the husband?! If you enjoy it and all it needs is a HG, what possibly could his rationale for getting rid of it be? 85,000 miles is reasonably low and if the car is mechanically and structurally sound, why get rid of it. I say drive it 'till the wheels fall off, which might be awhile. THEN get a new car to shut your husband up! Oh...and get a Mopar Performance head gasket for it.....a much more robust than the regular factory jobber and will last a long time if the mechanic knows what he's doing!
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Postby Baron » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:30 am

I was tempted, I really was, I even have family in the area who could pick up the car, but in fairness to you and the car I just don't think I have the resources at hand at this time to give her the care she needs. Sorry.

Duncan
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby Veronica » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:12 am

These cars are worth fixing. It makes me ill when I hear about something like this. I blew the HG on my Aries 4 years ago and it was only a $500 repair at a local shop in Los Angeles, cant believe that it would not be even cheaper in Utah.
Veronica

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries Station wagon, 1982 Dodge B250

Postby moparknighthawk » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Why are cars like this always so far away? I am in Maryland BTW. :|
moparknighthawk

Car Information: 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

Return to Buy and sell a Classic K-car