1986 Dodge 600 Convertible. 2.2L K. Salem Oregon. $500

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1986 Dodge 600 Convertible. 2.2L K. Salem Oregon. $500

Postby Zday » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:11 am

Selling my project car that I purchased in 2013 for the same price that I bought it. I've put about $750 into the car in parts and expenses (new plates, tags are good until Oct/2015) and it has about 154k miles on it, only about 500 of which are from me. Despite the mileage, the car's body, paint, and the folding top are in great shape, save for small dent near the front of the driver side(see photos) and a small stabilized crack in the windshield (outside the drivers view). Having taken a lot of it apart and put it back together, there is a lot of evidence that the car has been well maintained over it's lifespan. The interior has some minor wear but overall it's in really nice condition as can be seen from the photos linked below.

I myself put in a new battery, spark plugs/wires, TPS, thermostat, fuel injector, air filter, oil filter, and a lot of other minor parts. The tires/door locks/fuel pump/suspension are in good condition. The steering/gear shift/breaks/radio are all in great condition. Manual front windows and the small rear power windows still function flawlessly.

It was starting fine with for awhile(with a little starter fluid), but it recently quit on me. It still sporadically starts once in awhile and drives fine in limp mode (according to the ECU codes), but I haven't narrowed down the major culprit behind the starting problems. Based on the work I've done I suspect it's a wiring issue, or a problem with the ECU or PCM itself. Unfortunately I just don't have the time right now to troubleshoot it. I'd be happy to throw in my Haynes repair manual for it, which has most of the major sections unique to this model highlighted/flagged along with some notes I've made here and there during my previous attempts to find the problem.

It's not going to win any races (non-turbo version of the 2.2L) but it's really nice to look at and a fun drive, especially with the top down. It's a great project car and worst case scenario it's ready to salvage for good working parts.

Photos(click to zoom in) show everything including under the hood, in the trunk(working spare and jack), as well as some shots and wide (~glitchy) panoramas of the interior:
http://imgur.com/a/FGIve

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me (Jamison) a text at (five-o-three)-602-1931, thanks a bunch.
Zday

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600 2.2 TBI Conv.

Return to Buy and sell a Classic K-car