NEED HELP!! JUNK YARD

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

NEED HELP!! JUNK YARD

Postby inrltd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:55 pm

im trying to buy one now.. saw one in greenwich, tx for 1200 in mint condition but it was sold!@!@ nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

anyways
a huge question........... I WANT TO BUY OFF A SALVAGE YARD 3 DODGE ARIES.. 1 IS IN MINT MINT MINT CONDITION...

the guy said he surrendered the title to the DMV or whoever and he cant sell it to me cause he said " once you surrender the title u cant get the car out cause its a promise to the government that they will crush it or only use it for parts"

is there anyway i can convince him to sell me the cars .. maybe i can get the vin numbers and secretly go get the salvage titles and take them to him.. dont know if he will flip out or if its against the law..

but i have dreams about having these cars.. i want them there is no reason for them to get crushed.. nothing is wrong with them

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

Last edited by inrltd on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
inrltd

Car Information: Dodge Aries 1989

Re: NEED HELP!! JUNK YARD

Postby MyDodgeDip » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:36 pm

once the titles are gone it's pretty much a done deal.
MyDodgeDip

Postby inrltd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:20 pm

but what happened to salvage titles.. or people who have salvage license rebuying cars.. =( im going to cry
inrltd

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:40 pm

This is b""st. Who says we can't buy untitled cars?
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:45 pm

That simply is not true. The government does however may it extremely difficult and sometimes expensive. Read this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6141923_do-titl ... icle_.html

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 049AArqUf5

Go for it, if you can talk the junkyard into storing the vehicles for one week. Tell them about the club.
89ARIES

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Oh, I JUST REMEMBERED! THE VIN NUMBERS ARE ALL LOCATED ON THE DASHES DIRECTLY UNDER THE WINDSHIELD ON THE DRIVERS SIDE!! :D
89ARIES

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Guy, there is a big differnce between obtaining a title for a vehicle where the title has been lost as compared to a situation where where a junkyard has officialy turned over the title to the state and listed the vehicle as destroyed or parted-out.

Also, salvage titles are a different situation. Usually a salvage title comes about when a car is in an accident. Sometimes, there are rules involving inspections following repair to again register a car which has a salvage title.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Well, couldn't the junkyard call the state and ask that the car not be siezed?
89ARIES

Postby inrltd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:35 pm

K-CAR_WAGON wrote:Guy, there is a big differnce between obtaining a title for a vehicle where the title has been lost as compared to a situation where where a junkyard has officialy turned over the title to the state and listed the vehicle as destroyed or parted-out.

Also, salvage titles are a different situation. Usually a salvage title comes about when a car is in an accident. Sometimes, there are rules involving inspections following repair to again register a car which has a salvage title.

yes this is the deal i have to overcome.. the junkyard surrendering the title to the state.. i told him i would buy all without titles for 1 thousand each and some are missing parts and all are not running...

he said the only reason is ... they have to keep track of the car after they surrender the title for 5 YEARS, so if he gave it to me and the government asked for documents he wouldnt have them..

EX: if he took it to a crush yard he would get a crushed car document
if he kept it on the lot he would have proof in paper work the vehicle never left the yard..

i just want these cars.. i would pay anything for the one mint condition dodge aries 2.2 liter that is on there lot at upullit.com in corpus christi, TX
inrltd

Postby inrltd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:39 pm

89ARIES wrote:Well, couldn't the junkyard call the state and ask that the car not be siezed?

thats the problem they dont want to deal with it .. once they surrender the vehicle its done to them, no helping other people no getting back the title nothing ..

i understand cause then they would have to help every single person that sees a car they think is fixable and can buy for cheap

i had a idea, its sneaky but might work, i dont know if its against the law though

go get the VIN off the car then go to dmv pay all the fees to get a salvage or lost title for the vehicle.. or all the forms and take them to him with cash..

but then again i asked the guy about 5 times already even showed up with a envelope with a letter in it explaining how he could help and i would give him 500 dollars on the side to help me .. and he wouldnt take it ..

he probably thinks i work for the state and going to fine him or take his junkyard.. but im not .. im innocent and just want the vehicle .. title or not
inrltd

Next

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car