Buying Car In Corpus Christi

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: Buying Car In Corpus Christi

Postby inrltd » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 am

88 aries wrote:Finding a decent one in good shape is hard to come by...For one the nice ones generally are stashed away in a garage and two if there are any nice ones chances are some punk kid has gotten a hold of it and is trashing it... The reason my cars are so nice is because I have put my blood and sweat into them. :D

thats basically what i want to do.. i want 2 more dodge aries.. between 86- 89 4 door with a good body and interior.. and all else i can fix up like a champ no problem.. im a brilliant mechanic and im only 26 .. the dodge aries i have was bought by my grandma in 89 brand new and only had 20 k miles when it was wrecked and sat in her garage till i got it 5 years ago.. i have since put well over 200k miles on it and its running like a champ i use it everyday but also im a professional mechanic so its not like im hurting the car in anyway..

i found one here in corpus im talking to the old lady now .. problem is its her deceased husband and she doesnt want to sell it if im going to be driving it .. i cant lie to her so its up to her to sell to me.. i told her i would be driving it alot .. im in advertising and marketing too so i show up and people always ask about my car.. i love it and love k cars

only a matter of time before i get 2 cars in mint condition .. only a matter of time
inrltd

Car Information: Dodge Aries 1989

Postby MyDodgeDip » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:59 am

Tell her the truth, you're the only one who will take any sort of care of it. The other options are it rot in the driveway or sell to someone who will drive it into the ground. Be very clear that you'll be preserving it by using it. I got my first Diplomat police car like that. It was a widow's husbands car, sat for a few years in her driveway after he died and she didn't want to let it go. I explained that I'd be putting it on the road, fixing it and taking care of it and she gave it to me for free. She was crying when I took it out of the driveway. I got it running and driving again and came back to take her for a ride and she was very happy to see it running and cleaned up.
MyDodgeDip

Postby inrltd » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:28 am

MyDodgeDip wrote:Tell her the truth, you're the only one who will take any sort of care of it. The other options are it rot in the driveway or sell to someone who will drive it into the ground. Be very clear that you'll be preserving it by using it. I got my first Diplomat police car like that. It was a widow's husbands car, sat for a few years in her driveway after he died and she didn't want to let it go. I explained that I'd be putting it on the road, fixing it and taking care of it and she gave it to me for free. She was crying when I took it out of the driveway. I got it running and driving again and came back to take her for a ride and she was very happy to see it running and cleaned up.

i did tell her the truth and i told her i will be visting on holidays to see how shes doing. she says she has no family so im make sure she doesnt feel lonely and my wife has even been calling her on the phone to talk .. nice old lady.. .. and if she ever sells the car i will be happy to give her the money she needs no matter how much it is...
shes super nice.. only bad thing is she has horrible breathe and talks really close to my face.. i just deal with it .. i love nice old people they are so innocent..
inrltd

Car Information: Dodge Aries 1989

Previous

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car