Buying Car In Corpus Christi

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Buying Car In Corpus Christi

Postby inrltd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:32 pm

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85 ... 61202.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80 ... 61202.jpg/

Would you buy this car for 300$ if it had a blown head?? the body has minor rust.. the interior is good.. the front bumper is cracked but easily replaceable if your going to sand it down and paint it..

thinking about offering him 100 dollars cause it has blown heads and needs alot of work. under the hood doesnt look good at all.. and rust on bottom of car.. muffler is rusted out ..

should i just take it for the 100 dollars.. and let it sit and repair it or strip it and have parts for my car.....

big choice seeing as you can find a mint condition one out there for about 1200 dollars with no work needed..
inrltd

Car Information: Dodge Aries 1989

Re: Buying Car In Corpus Christi

Postby MyDodgeDip » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Head or head gasket? Either way, it's worth more for scrap than it is to anyone economically fixing it. If you wanted to save it, anything is fixable but it's not worth paying $300 for one with a bad head gasket when you can get one running and driving for a little more. Problem is the scrap yard may give him $300 for it.
MyDodgeDip

Postby inrltd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:23 pm

the scrap yard offered him 50$ for it ..and i wanted to buy it for 100 .. he said he wanted 300..

and its the heads there blown but our local upull it has 3 dodge aries/reliants with almost all perfect parts..

but there is no way for me to get those cars out of the junk yard :( or else i would buy all of them.. and they look 20 times better than that white car for $300

wish someone would just sell me a mint condition car............................................ i pay good if its around Texas
inrltd

Postby MyDodgeDip » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:09 am

His scrap guy sucks, he could drive it to a scrap yard and get his $300.
MyDodgeDip

Postby inrltd » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:05 pm

how much would u pay for this.. the Heads are blown.. and under the hood is shot to shit.. the only thing is brand new radiator.. and interior is almost perfect.. no rust on outside of vehicle just tons of scratches and faded paint.. im offer him 100 on the 10th,.. he wanted 200 or 300 .. i would rather buy a brand new one cause i like working on mint conditioned not old looking cars

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84 ... 61202.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/86 ... 61202.jpg/

i FOUND OUT HOW TO POST PICS SINCE THE ATTACHMENT THING IS BROKEN FOR ME
inrltd

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Copy the link under the forum option under the menu for embed this image (within imageshack) if you want it to automatically display the image within this forum. I would only buy this car if I needed it as a parts car for another car that I already owned. It needs to much work to restore it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Better to try to find something like this. (I think the asking price was about $1800.)
1987 Dodge Aires LE by šťastnou cestu, on Flickr
1987 Dodge Aires LE by šťastnou cestu, on Flickr
1987 Dodge Aires LE Interior by šťastnou cestu, on Flickr
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby inrltd » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:49 pm

thats exactly what i want.. ill pay 2 grand cash for a good car delivered at my house in Corpus..

i really want a good one but if i cant find one i dont want to miss out on any of them
inrltd

Postby mrfury68 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:35 am

I saw that K car @ Carlisle & it was well worth the asking price. I paid $300 for mine 4 years ago & all it needed was fuel lines & brake cables with only 42,000 miles on it. With the amount of work that K needs it would make a good parts car, for the right price.
mrfury68

Car Information: 87 Plymouth Reliant LE

Postby inrltd » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:36 am

well get me a car please in TEXAS
inrltd

Postby 88 aries » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Finding a decent one in good shape is hard to come by...For one the nice ones generally are stashed away in a garage and two if there are any nice ones chances are some punk kid has gotten a hold of it and is trashing it... The reason my cars are so nice is because I have put my blood and sweat into them. :D
88 aries

Next

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car