Vacuum lines

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Vacuum lines

Postby inrltd » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:46 pm

THIS DUMBASS MECHANIC I CALL FATHER>. fucked up all my vacuum lines.. i was getting the check engine code and was vacuum leak i was going to check the throttle body and replace seal ... he started pulling on these 26 year old vacuum lines and they all snapped.. all of them and he even broke the elbow that goes to the oil cover.. what a idiot.. and it was just a simple split hose that i was being gentel and trying to remove it and then i left came back all my shit was fucked.. im going to go punch him in the face right now cause it just happened 5:30 P.m Central time.. brb

how do i get new ones im so pissed off.. some people shouldnt be mechanics.. hes a master degree mechanic and is sloppy as hell ..

someone help me .. im going to dodge dealer in the morning but i doubt they have any of these parts and if i go get new vacuum lines i got to rewire all of them and i dont know what im doing ..

if i dont get this fixed in a week im going to crush all my k cars lol.. please help , i want my babies fixed
inrltd

Car Information: Dodge Aries 1989

Re: Vacuum lines

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:38 am

Last edited by K-CAR_WAGON on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby inrltd » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:10 am

ye i feel bad now cause he said he barely touched them and they just disinigrated in his hand lol..

he got all new hoses from auto store and fixed it all.. now im going to upull it in the morning and getting all the plastic pieces off the 3 dodge aries at the car lot.. im just start stripping parts i need and he said i can buy the engine for 99 dollars so .. im try and strip the whole car.. interior and everything .. and just fix up one of my cars..
inrltd

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:48 pm

From personal experience, the vacuum hoses on old cars, especially in California, are shitty at best. They naturally crack and disentegrate with time. I am sure I have
some bad ones myself near the exhaust manifold that cause idle surges. You just have to replace them all every year or two I guess.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby inrltd » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:48 am

all is well i went to upull it today and stripped a good amount of parts off of the "mint" dodge aries that are in the junk yard that they wont sell to me .. cause the titles are surrendered..

anyways i spent 60 dollars and got tons of vaccum hoses .. which was pretty stupid cause i konw now that i could of just modified all the hoses, but all is fixed the codes are off and now my car is running like a champ again and quiet as a mouse..

thanks all
inrltd

Postby Browildman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:29 pm

GUYS: DO NOT BLAME THE CHRYSLER....It was the BEST MATERIALS AVAIL. At the TIME OF BUILD!! Now Then...There is a SIMPLE SOLUTION...I found BETTER MATERIALS....Hi-TEMP. Vac, LINES....First trip 1988 BMW ( Hi-TEMPERATURE SILICONE LINES) Next TRY FABRIC Covered Rubber line (1990).... They worked until STORAGE in APRIL 2003 ... In 2011 I needed different sizes for a CADILLAC...CHECK ROCK AUTO They have HIGH TEMPERATURE HOSES, In VARIOUS SIZES... Remember: CHRYSLER USED GOOD MATERIALS...Unfortunatly THEY WERE ALL CONSUMED by 2001-2003... I Know....I had access to a DEALER PARTS COMPUTER TERMINAL...Untill July 2003...When It was sold & closed...Wildman.
Browildman

Car Information: 1983 Lebaron Convert & 1984 Reliant

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Thankyou Browildman. Much appreciated. So, what type of car do you have? 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car